scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm headed to Pismo with the family again from August 8th to the 11th. Yes, that is Monday through Thursday. We are going mid week to keep the crowds down. We'll be renting an RV(which they deliver on the sand. ) If anyone would like to come out and meet up with us for a day or so, you are welcome. :ride:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'm not going to make it. My mom is coming out this month and I already took off a solid week for that. Have a great time !

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
I am going the 12th-14th, will just miss you, that's too bad. I am taking my RV and I hope I dont get stuck. My buddies have 4 wheel drive vehicles, so they will pull me if need be. CRF_TOM may also come out. I havent been there for about 4 years so looking forward to it.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I went last year pulling my trailer with my 2 wheel drive truck. I didn't get stuck. But I often wonderered how they would get out some of those giant 2 wheel drive rv's they pull out there. Most of them pull up on the really soft sand. Our trailer is being delivered.

Have fun. I know we will

The forcast is 75 and sunny every day next week. Thats about perfect for riding camping swimming etc. :cool: :ride: :)

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
I was wondering about the sand. I am really torn between tenting it and taking the RV. What do you think my chances are with a 33' RV. You've seen my rig S.T.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
CRF_Tom said:
I was wondering about the sand. I am really torn between tenting it and taking the RV. What do you think my chances are with a 33' RV. You've seen my rig S.T.

If you get stuck, the towing vultures are nearby.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
We had a great time.

Tom re the rv. there were lots of them out there. It's pretty easy going. the pier street and grand entrance are maintained pretty well. I had no probelm towing my camper in 2 wheel drive. I wouldn't venture too far away from the shore as it gets softer the farther away from the water you get. FYI people had mini vanc and cameros out their.

Now to the report.

Mid week is definantly the way to go. Is was so much more relaxed and uncrowded as compared to last years weekend trip. Granted the beach was still lined with RV's, but you could easily find water front spots to camp and most that were taken were only 1 or 2 rvs deep. (on the weekend it was wall o wall)

It took longer to get thre than expected due to LA traffic, but we arrived without much incident. The pier street entrance was chewed up and they recommended going up to Grand as it was smoother. We did and found a good spot near tower 4. I called my RV rental place to tell them where we were and thy said they have our 26 FT camper there in about 10 minutes. It cost about $550 for 4 days delivered onto the beach, fully stocked. IMO, It was a pretty sweet deal.

I dragged up my tent trailer up for more storage and to haul the extra bikes. We had a mini compound going on. Parked everything in an extended up facing the water and had a nice yard for the kids to play. The riding was fun, although it was just sand dunes. and not very hard or big hills. My 300 with a worn knobby did just fine everywhere. As did Julie's big wheel and my sons quad.

Thanks to Tony and Julie for letting us borrow it again. It is so much easier to ride Joey (my 4 year old) around on. Especially in the deep sand.

Placelast came out with his wife Mary Ann on Tuesday and brought dessert. (thank you very much) They joined us for a bit of a campfire and then headed out. It was good to see you again, and very nice to meet your wife. :)

Our days went like this, we'd go ride in 75 degree weather (75 degree ridign in August is awesome) , come back and go play in the ocean. Grab some lunch in between, hang out dig in the sand, play some catch etc. The waves were small this year and had a long roling mellow white wash to them, which is perfect for kids. They both rode on my surf board and their own boggie boards. Several people brought jet skis and beach lauched them to play in the break a little farther out. It was cool to see the variety of vehicles in the dunes and water. We had the 80K buggies, the homemade mad max inspired dune runneres, jet skies and 6 wheel drive Aqua cars.

It was a very fun family camping- riding trip. We'll probrably do it again next year around the first week of August again.

That's all for now.

CRF_Tom

Jun 16, 2005
Sounds like fun. I guess Mike and I are going to have to make plans to take the families for next years trip to Pismo. I know my kids would love it there. Great report.

Top Bottom