MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
:( :( :( :( :( ,

I'd rather ride Pozo / Black Mountain......

The dunes get boring for me, and that VERY FINE sand get into EVERYTHING!!

Pozo is pretty good, if you had some rain to calm the dust...

Rick

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by MR.WR
[B

I'd rather ride Pozo / Black Mountain......

Pozo is pretty good, if you had some rain to calm the dust...

Rick [/B]

MR: I went to an enduro in '79 there (yes, I'm that old); the USFS cancelled the event due to snow! To make a long story short, I ended up playriding w/ some locals, who showed me the area:cool: perfect traction & then some - was sure fun dicing thu the oaks. One rode the tires off of a PE175 (twin shock) - he had a flat for most of the way, but it didn't slow him down much.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Yea.... I've had some pretty good times at Pozo!! For sevral years I used to go to Pismo for Thanksgiving and I'd ride Pozo for a couple of days! The trails are pretty good and some steep climbs...I think one is called 7 steps???? I have never made it to the top, 3/4 of the way once:eek:

That might be a good place to have a Nor Cal / So. Cal ride in the spring or early winter?????????????????? What do you think?????

Rick

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The last time I was there was about 8 years ago. I had fun because it was great to ride by the beach. I'd say if you've never been there, try it once. From what I remember, the riding areas were a little limited and remember, slow down on the beach area! You'll get stopped if you go over 25mph and also, don't forget your flag! Have fun

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
There a was thread about Pismo 1-2 months ago - lots of good info.

POZO - I went to Cal Poly and have ridden Pozo quite a bit. I try to make it back each year for the Cal Poly Penguins MC dual sport ride. The club used to run the enduro but switched to a ds due to environmental 'issues'. There are some great trails at Pozo - just depends on the weather.

Rick - the trail is Pine Mt and the section is call The Steps. I bulldog down it.... call me what you will.

Pozo would be an alright place for a gathering but I think Clear Creek has more to offer. I haven't ridden Clear Creek but it sounds like there are more trails there. What about the March/April time frame?

Brian

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
i live on the central coast and ride at pismo and pozo on a regular basis. you guys are thinking of the stair steps, which is almost impossible to make it down on anything besides a bike...allthough i have seen guys with fully modified trucks/jeeps make it down. the cal poly penguins ride becomes more of a street ride every year...the last one around spent maybe 15% in the dirt. pismo dunes are fun...but they're really dry right now so they're gonna suck on anything smaller than a 250. i was out there a couple weeks ago and found some decent hits, but my 125 didnt have the balls to pull hard enough. also the sand will get everywhere...bearings, chain, sprockets, brakes...make sure you put extra oil on your air filter and plan on spending some time pulling of your wheels and greasing the axles/bearings. also, the speed limit is 15 mph on the beach, not 25. my flag ripped off 5 mins after i got there bc it got sucked into my tire...i just jammed the 1 foot section of the pole that ahd the flag on it between my seat and rear fender and the po's never said anything about it

Top Bottom