Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
We made a big family affair out of our last Pismo trip(two years ago):silly: I,ll never go back...The wind blew several days of the seven we were there, and the A**es that thought the riding area consisted of the loop around our camp made it a real adventure to step out of the trailer or camper. And then the weekend crowd came in...:( Also, They should rename the place Pismo Beach Public Trash Dump. :think If we left the mountain areas and OHV parks trashed like people leave Pismo we may as well just sell everything labled offroad 'cause there'd be No place to go! Guess you can tell I don't care for the place:confused: Oh yes...the original question: Yes a TTR125 w/paddle tire could survive there but you'd have to do a major rebuild after you got home:p

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Dave - sounds like you were parked north of the Sand Highway 'entrance'. When I was at Cal Poly we would go almost all the way to south end of the beach to get away from the yahoo's.

Imagine that - the wind blowing at the beach:eek: What do you think makes the dunes nice and smooth?

Brian

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Okay, we'll be there just for the day on Sat. I don't remember how to get there though. Can anyone tell me which exit it is and what street runs to the beach?

RiverRat

May 4, 2001
Just got back from Pismo on Monday. Had a blast. The wind blew for 1 of the 3 days that we were there. Temps in the mid 70's. Make SURE you bring a can of WD40 or something similar to spray anything that can rust (i.e. that pretty FMF pipe :D ) because that's exactly what happened to my buddys pipe.

Anyway, directions to Pismo are easy. . . Take the 101 north, exist Grand, head west (about 2.5 miles), turn left on Pacific Coast Highway, take a right on Pier, and you'll run into the guard shack to pay your camping fee of $6 a day.

Hope this helps and have a great trip. . . we did. . . .:cool:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Ugh, I was misserable. I'm never riding in the sand again. :( It just wasn't as fun as I remembered it. I only rode for a total of about a half hour. I jetted while I was there but I think something was wrong. Float bowl may have been stuck, jetting waaaay off, I'm not sure and I didn't care. I didn't feel like fiddling with it so I just sat the rest of the day out. I really struggled once we got back in the deeper sand. I was not comfortable so I was going slow which is the worst thing to do in the sand. I would flail around a bit, stop, and my bike would idle as if it was going to blow! I was worried there was something really wrong and I didn't want to go on so I went back to camp. :( Not too exciting. I'm still confident had my bike been running properly and had a different rider on it :confused: that it would have handled just fine out there.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
Does anyone have detailed directions on how to get to the dunes coming from the south on 101? Preferably before about 5PM today. We'll be getting there around midnight tonight and would love to not get lost. If you can help GREAT, if not no biggie I'm sure we'll find it!!
Thanks,
Khris

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I thought I saw some on here the other day and I looked through but glanced right over them. Duh they're like 3 posts up from here!!

Top Bottom