ardmattie

Oct 24, 2012
Hi, Finally secured my first KDX, A Ratty E model. Straight into a top end rebuild as the engine a little rattly. Did a search on this forum and found a thread which indicated that pistons all the same for '86+ KIPS. So I grabbed the first piston that I saw online 'cause it was cheap, or didn't see as there was no pic. Kawa part no:13001 1256, advertised to fit C2 C3. And bought rings Kawa part no: 13008 1134 advertised to fit '89+more. So they arrived today and are different to what I pulled from my engine. My original piston has a window on the intake side, the new one just has a small hole. And the new rings have what loks like an expander ring, which my engine did not have. Yeah I didn't do enough research. I have since seen other pistons listed for sale to suit '86+ which look the same as mine. My bike seems to be a bitsa, E model bike with a different engine. the engine has number prefix GE, and had oil injection pump still fitted. My local dealer not much help. 30mm PE carb also? Any Clues? Thanks for any help

Last edited:

EYY

May 22, 2010
Hey mate, put some pics up of your bike and of the motor and piston etc.
If you do that, I'm sure somebody on this forum will be able to help you out.

ardmattie

Oct 24, 2012
Hi, thanks, here's a couple piston pics, no bike pics as it's currently dismantled. Am pretty sure it's a SR, or F I think they may be called in Oz. It has 19 inch rear wheel injection pump, facility for brake light switch on front perch but all lights etc long gone. But what threw me was plastic fuel tank, no oil tank or brackets or space to mount one that I can see. Pipe is marked 220, I guess that means it came from one originally, most of the mounts don't line up well. Can anyone say if the piston I pulled from SR engine is the correct one or not. Will the piston 13001 1256 I rushed into work properly in my engine? The rings I grabbed 13008 1134 do not fit the piston, they are too wide, so I know they will not work. I was in a hurry and just assumed (hoped) it would all go together, am paying the price now. Have blown most of the rebuild budget, am hoping to salvage the situation, will try to sell these parts if i have to and buy others. Thanks

Attachments

• P1000560.JPG
    P1000560.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 240
  • P1000563.JPG
    P1000563.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Top Bottom