sarN

Apr 1, 2007
Whats up guys, I was looking into getting a new bike. My XR250 is too big for me, and I really have no one to go trail riding with anymore.

Here's the thing, I have a big backyard where it's all dirt beyond a certain point. I was looking into getting a smaller bike because I want to learn to do jumps, get good at wheelies, maybe some tricks, etc. Just something to go out there and have fun on.

I was wondering what is the difference between getting something like a Pitster MX, Thumpstar, etc compared to the big names like Honda and Yamaha? I was looking mainly into the 125 CC bikes on the pitster, which would be like a 65CC on a 2 stroke right?

Just want to know the pluses and minuses of both types of brands, including stuff such as availability of replacement parts and performance parts for later down the road. Thanks!

sarN

Apr 1, 2007
thanks, i read almost all of those, it seems like the main difference is just cost. maybe i will just keep saving for an 05 cr 85 or something. Once I get more comfortable on it I dont want to be running out of power, so that would probably last longer too, and the dealer right around the corner from me has been getting me OEM Honda parts for a while. Thanks!

Jan 3, 2007
sarN, a 65 2 stroke ( KTM, Kawasaki) would absolutly kill a 125 4 stroke but most (not me) find little 4 strokesmore fun to ride. You are better off doing your 85 then a 125 4 stroke jump wise.

sarN

Apr 1, 2007
thanks 2 stroke, well if theyre more fun, maybe ill go for a 4 stroke still. maybe ill keep my XR and just work a bit more and get that pitster pro x2. i saw some video reviews online and they said they have some things that they dont like, but overall it was great for a budget racer. im not even going to be racing so maybe itll be even better for just messin around. at least bikes hold their value pretty well, so in the end if i dont like it i probably wont be out too much money.

Top Bottom