mknight

Jun 14, 2000
Does anyone know where I can obtain some pit passes for the Salt Lake SX? I have a little boy who is dying to go early and get some autographs and stuff and I need to know how/when to get pit passes. Thanks.

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
Check with the local Yamaha dealers. I think they are selling the stadium tickets as well as ticketmaster. Are you going to the race?

I'm in section W18 row 27

Motoxpress

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Last year we bought them at the gate. If you get them early, you can usually get them cheaper. Check the local dealers ahead of time. I'll be in section S4 Row 23 seats 18-26

mknight

Jun 14, 2000
Thanks Guys....I'll check with Plaza Cycle or Honda of Salt Lake and see if they have some (I think they did last year). Yes....we are going to the race but I can't remember my seats exactly. I think it is about Section 36 on the east side, about 20-30 rows up (right near the portal entrance/exit). We sat in about the same spot last year on about row 20 in direct sight of the triple on the east side. It was a great spot as you could easily watch all the pile ups in the first corner as well as the triple.

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
Sir Thump, you had to pay for pit passes? I got them free last year from Karl Malone Toyota....It's gonna be great. My son can't talk about anything else.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I live in Idaho so I don't have the availability to get them early, really. I drove down there that morning and didn't even try to find any at the local dealers. I figured noone had any at that point. I was kind of bummed out that I even had to pay for them, I was used to going to Vegas every year and didn't realize that you had to pay for them at certain venues.

mknight

Jun 14, 2000
Here's the latest info I have on the pit passes. Yesterday I called Plaza Cycle (in Salt Lake) and Honda of Salt Lake. Plaza was out of pit passes but they had been giving them out with the tickets they were selling. I then called Honda of Salt Lake and the lady acted like she was sick of having people call and ask for pit passes.....she rattled the number to Rice Eccles Stadium off from memory. I then called the stadium and they said you could go to the ticket counter there at the stadium and pick up pit passes or you could go to any TicketMaster location and get them for free (with your tickets). She mentioned Fred Meyer and GrayWhale CD.

My wife swung by Fred Meyer and picked up passes for me and my son and all my buddies did the same last night. They seemed to have plenty of them. So...Sir Thumper, if you have time on your way to Utah, I'm sure you could get some for free. There is a Fred Meyer (lcoal department store) in Ogden just a couple minutes off the freeway. If you're interested I'll get the exact exit number for you.

mknight

Jun 14, 2000
The exit number is 347 coming from the north on I-15 (southbound). Do you know where the Ogden track is near Smith & Edwards just off of I-15? Just past that exit a few miles start watching for the 12th street exit to Ogden. You'll get off on the right and come to a stop sign and be right on 12th street. Take a left and go east on 12th street about 1-2 miles. At the intersection of 12th Street and Wall Avenue you will see a Fred Meyer on your left (north side of the road). I got mine from the electronics department inside the store. They were free and as of a couple days ago they had plenty. You can get back on the freeway the same way you came. It should be about a 10 minute diversion from your travels if you decide to stop.

I work about 25 minutes north of Salt Lake. I was just sitting in one of the offices on the north side of our building and looked over at a large RV Sales place just down the street. From my view I could see what appeared to be a large "rig" at the RV dumps. I couldn't make it out exactly, but it appeared the be the "Scott" brand rig (I think). I'm sure he was stopping on his way to the stadium. I'm a dork because just seeing that got me all excited.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Thanks alot mKnight, that will save me some cash. I'll swing by there and hope they have some.

You think your a dork just seeing a rig!, I drove over to the local track here Sun. during the races and was hit with a case of butterflies and I wasn't even racing that day.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom