Places to ride along I5 Ca. to Canada?

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
Hey!!
I am taking a long awaited vacation with my 13 yr old son beginning on the 12 or 13th of July. We are taking our Motorhome, the motorcycle trailer and as many bikes as we can fit into the trailer and then driving from the Bay area (SF) to visit my relatives in Vancouver (and the Island).
I'm looking for GREAT places to ride, either trails or MX tracks from here (Livermore,CA.) to Vancouver Canada (and Vancouver Island).
If anyone can give me some suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it!!
Thx!!

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Check out this site: http://www3.telus.net/dirtbikebc/

It desribes places to ride (trails) in BC. I heard that Vedder mtn in Chilliwack, about an hour out of Vancouver, is supposed to really good. Expect riding areas in and around Vancouver to be wet, slimey, and tight woods. Primarly, you will want to chack out the "South Coast" riding areas in the link above including: Hope, Maple Ridge, Vedder Ridge, Chipmunck Creek, Herrling Island.

Last edited:

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
Thx, I;ll check out that link. And if anyone wants to ride my son and I are always up for it (no we're not beginners!!).

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
check out this site. It shows all the areas in Oregon. Browns Camp is about 1 hour off I-5 and has lots of trails. You will need to stop at the forestry department in Forest Grove to pick up a trail map or call and have them mail ya one.

http://www.oohva.org/

Just click on the OHV Areas link at the bottom of the page

And here is a link to the online map of Browns Camp area.

http://www.odf.state.or.us/tsf/ohvmap.htm

Last edited:

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
How about the MX tracks? I know about the MX National track in Naniamo,B.C.,thx for the reply!! Are there any good tracks in Wa. or Or. that are worth checking out?
It would be great if they had practice during the week since I will probably be in Vancouver during weekend of the 21st. Though I will be at Washougal to watch on the 27th and 28th.

leatherlungs

Apr 8, 2002
Veddar mountain just outside of Chilliwack on your way to cultas lake is a great place to ride. It will be dry at that time of year. The trails are tight but there are lots of them. Chipmunk Creek is another good area. It is on the road that leads to Chilliwack lake. There is also a small forestry campground across from it. Again lots of tight trails. Then there is Emery Creek or what most of us call the tailings pond or Hope riding area. It is between Hope and Yale. The road is gravel upto it and you might be able to camp up there but there has been logging in the area. Great trails, lots of everything up there tight and open. There are a few more but these are the main ones. Let me know if you want to know about any others.

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
Thx leatherlungs!!
I maybe attempting another trip up there the 1st week of July, so this is still good info. I grew up on the Island so I am always going back to visit the relatives and all of the Inlaws live in 'Couver.
Cheers!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Wow, never too late....

There is a small mx track Just past Medford Or. It couldn't be more than 2 miles off of I5 at exit #35 I believe. Just go towards Table Rock, on the way, there is a place that raises elk and they are ussually laying right up against the fence right by the road.

jimt_yz400

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 25, 2000
Is this the track that is across from the gravel crushing/rock quarry place?
Was is Rogue river .........red river...........I can't remember. My son and I actually had the local paper take a picture of us riding since they were doing an article on the track. I think that it was the White Rock exit off of I5. It does sound like the same place, right next to a river.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Washougal? Camas, WA - just east of I-5 as it crosses the Columbia river. My folks live in Vancouver, WA and I keep threatening to bring my bike when we visit.

Brian

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Yeah, that is the place!
It's the Rogue River and Table Rock.

Attachments

• table-rock3.jpg
    table-rock3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom