PsychoCR500

Aug 24, 2000
I am planning on moving back to NE Wisconsin this summer. Since I have not lived there since I was about 11 years old I was wondering how many places there are to ride. I lived in Des Moines Iowa for 1.5 years and there was hardly any place to ride in that state which really sucked! Living here in California is great for winter riding but the Tree Huggers are ruining this state in so many ways it's not even funny!:debil: Does Wisconsin have state owned riding areas at all? Any info is GREATLY APPRICIATED:)

PsychoCR500

Aug 24, 2000
Well, I would guess that's about where I will end up. I actually lived in Marinette which is aprox 40 miles north of Green Bay. I am hoping to get a job with WPS (Electric Utility Co.) somewhere in that area. I may end up further south if I where to land a job with Alliant Energy. I want to be somewhere close to Road America so I can keep roadracing as well. :D

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Bad News/Good News

Bad News is that Wisconsin is pretty lame for off road motorcycle riding. Although there are MX tracks to be found. But if you're interested in woods or enduro, there isn't much available....
Good News is that the states surrounding WI are pretty good for that kind of riding. IL, MN and MI have better off-road opportunities, with state, private and (sometimes) other open areas available for riding.
You'll just have to figure out which way is best for you when you get your new hometown dialed.

PsychoCR500

Aug 24, 2000
Hmmmm...

Maybe I will have to look into buying some land in B.F.E so I can ride. Last time I was up there the price of land was not too bad if it's 20+ miles to town. That's a bummer to hear though.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Marinette is only about a hour and 45 minute ride from some very good riding in the marquette are. Plus you can stop at Bobaloons on your way back through Escanaba.

motosteveg

Sponsoring Member
Nov 15, 2001
Hwy 10 Parking Lot.This is on the west side of the state but a great place to ride. 25 min. east of Osseo on Hwy. 10. It is state owned and has miles of dirt roads, also a tight woods trail that has a off road race held on it. I think the trail loop is around 18 miles long.:think If you are interested let me know and I will give you more detailed directions.:D

BSer

May 1, 2001
I feel your pain. I moved back to N.E. Wisconsin after enjoying the trails in Massachussetts for 5 years. Riding here sucks but this is what I have found:

Pine Ridge Raceway has open practice on weekends during the summer. Check out www.pineridgeraceway.com, it is a very nice motocross track located in Athelstane.

There is a riding area in Fon du lac, right next to highway 41. Open riding all the time, just need to be a member. Not real big, but it is convienient for me living in Appleton.

Dyracuse riding park in Rome (south of Wisconsin Rapids) is a nice place to ride. They have two motocross tracks and trails. It may be a long drive for you though.

The U.P. of Michigan is actually pretty friendly to dirt bikers. I think that not too far north of Marinette are some trails which start in Cedar River. Never been there but plan too go sometime. Also, Christmas Michigan has a motocross track with trails around the Munising/Christmas area. I have ridden these, nothing too challenging but nice.

I have also been looking to find a piece of land in BFE to be able to ride. An old sand pit would be nice. Haven't found anything yet.

Good Luck and let me know if you find anything more.

PsychoCR500

Aug 24, 2000
Great info.....

Thank you all. Once I get back there it will help knowing what's going on. Maybe I can even meet up with some of your for a weekend of riding. :D

jddirtbiker

Aug 20, 2000
Don't bother driving to Black River Falls to ride your 2-wheeler. The local politicians prefer to hunt turkey than have dirt bikers bringing dollars into the local economy so they shut down all the single track trails last year.

If you want to ride a 4-wheeler around BRF they have lots of sandy 6-lane interstate-like "trails" to ride.

If you ever get over to MN to ride, check out the website for the Twin Cities Trail Riders TCTR . I'm a member and we have a forum for members & non-members to post planned rides. You can hook up with a group to ride with most every weekend when the tundra is not frozen!!:cool:

kkug

Jan 6, 2002
I moved to CA. in 1983 just so I could be involved with motorcycles. Its the best thing I ever did in my life. Even though we say every thing is being shut down by the tree huggers. Their is no possable way to take advantage of the off road riding that is left in this state and Nevada Utah Az etc.
The best thing about NE Wis is the people. IF you want to ride stay out west.

A former Cheesehead.

Snowmobling Is another mattrer!!!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom