RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
if you know what your doing there are plenty of legal places to ride in NJ.
but now a days who can you trust , ya turn someone on to your spot and then it becomes illegal.
it only takes one bad apple , not saying your one but you know the deal.

redwingds@msn.com

Red
"dirt biking good clean fun"

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I have to agree with RedWing, we have a couple local riding spots wher ethe police patrol, but do not bother riders as long as they don't stray off into the park land.  Don't get me wrong, it is not a "legal" riding area, but the neighbors and law enforcement tollerate it as long as their are no complaints.  Unfortunately, these areas can not be posted especially on a forum of this size since it would draw so many riders to the area, that it would be quickly shut down.  A good example of this is the area in Green Twp which was recently closed.  It used to be a riding area for the locals, but as word spread there were more and more people every weekend until someone finally got hurt.  Now within the past month the area where many of us have ridden locally for many years, is now shut down and strongly enforced.  Because of this, you will probably not find an answer on here of where to ride since no one wants to loose their riding area because it becomes too popular.

If you are willing to pay to ride, and travel to Pa, you have a few choices.  If you are looking for motocross, there is Jack Frost http://www.jackfrostbigboulder.com/summer-motorsports.asp , or Rausche Creek http://www.rauschcreekracing.com/rcmp/index.php , and if you are looking for trails, there is Paragon http://paragonap.com/ , or Tower City http://www.towercitytrailriders.org/ , both with well over 10,000 acrea of property.

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
dont forget about the indoor park that is supposed to be open by now.
located on RT1 near Trenton, no idea if its open yet.
heard it was going to open in spring,then summer, then september.

think its called Extreme something or other. if i find the URL ill post it .
250,000 sq feet of indoor tracks.

Red

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
That would be the X-Arena in Trenton.  Dirtwurx is building 2 tracks for them.  Some say it is opening htis fall, others say early 2004.   They started construction back in May of this year.  Here is a list of a few things planned for the arena......

Two Separate Tracks......PRO/Expert Track - Larger than two football fields side by side.......Novice/Beginner Track - Larger than the Las Vegas Supercross Track.......Wind Tunnel for Indoor Skydiving.....Restaurant.....Nightclub.....Food Court......Game Room......Indoor Pitting.....Clean Restrooms with shower facilities 

Here is their web site for more info  http://www.xarenasports.com

tuz371

Oct 22, 2003
Last time I drove past the site was mid-September and there was no sign of construction. I'll believe this place exists when it is open, otherwise fagetaboutit.

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
that scooter sure does scoot around doesnt he ;) leave it to scoot to know of the stuff i forget about. just for the record i forgot (or should i say fuagetaboutit) about it since there arent arent indoor trees planted that i know of. ;)

hey tuz371 what are ya ridin`?

Red
redwingds@msn.com

tuz371

Oct 22, 2003
Redwing,

I ride a '02 CRF, mainly at Englishtown. I used to be a member at NJORVP in Chatsworth, NJ but the $300 annual fee was toooooo much. Now with a four month old and wife to support on one salary, the CRF might not see the dirt until next spring. Unless I can find a free place to ride that I don't have to worry about The Man impounding my bike.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
I lived in NJ a a few years ago and my sons cut their teeth in NJ riding, 4 years at Chatsworth (the offroad park). It was 30 dollars a year per bike membership. I've only been gone a few years - Holy crap! I too had problems in NJ, we used to ride a place near the Earle Navy Station and a few kids set fire to the dry grass (with matches BTW - not bikes) while there were about 20 others play riding. The cops showed up and that was the end of that riding area. Out here in Michigan there is an endless amount of riding, be it Moto, trails, hill climbing, enduros, hares, TT, snow racing, you name it. See ya!

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
jeez fourtyplus just rub it in why dont ya. in NJ your considered a criminal if you ride. im all legal like and so far knock on wood have not had a problem in fact i speak to the rangers in the area.
it is getting harder and harder to find places to ride in the tri-state area.
i have even heard that Mass. wants to ban 2-strokes completely from the state. i have no idea if it will happen but lots of greenies live up in that area.
california is no joke either have seen tickets in the range of $3000.00
and can go up too $8000 this is dollars not paseo's.
i tell you if it wasnt for the amount of connections i have in the area i would probably relocate to area that is more off road friendly.
want to rent a room fourtyplus :)
anyone have any ideas on where to move where we can ride off road,snow ski,have nice beaches(girls in bikinis),and be able to make a living ?
until then we have to ride in circles on our own property or pay out the wazzo
to ride .

Red
redwingds@msn.com

hrc125rider

Aug 22, 2003
i love the spot in a town called atco and its called ATCO RACEWAY.They have a nice supercross track set up out side.on the other hand i ride at spots that arent so legal but luckily i havent got caught yet (since there are so many escape routes .......if you get caught you deserve to get caught!!)some spots i rode at are triboro in berlin,cfc in winslow.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I have been riding in NJ since I was 7, I am now 40. I drove up there this past summer (2003) to ride. What a shock to find that the entire state is illegal, even to registered bikes.

What botheres me is that the woods areas have been closed in the name of the environment. Yet the woods are more overgrown than I have ever seen them. The simple facts are that the reason for the closure is a lie, plain and simple.

Remember to vote carefully, and remember to call your state reps. E-mail is not the way. A call will have some weight.

Chris

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
I have found that most of the north east is this way. When I was living in Georgia we had stated land we could ride on. The best part was it was FREE and LEGAL!!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I've said it before, we ought to form a NJ riding club and purchase a few hundred acres. We could even petition the state for a grant; after all they were supposed to create a riding area somewhere in northern NJ. A farm that has already been placed in farmland preservation would be (relatively) inexpensive to purchase because it has no development value.

Think about it…200 acres @ $7,000 per acre, divided by 500 members is $2,800 per member. Of course, the correct way to do it would be to form a corporation and make the payments through annual dues.

It really isn’t far fetched.

mkuriawa

Feb 28, 2002
Cujet,

If you bike is registered and insured you can ride in certain parts of the state legally, I started riding KTMs back in 1997 because they are easy to put through DMV. There are more than a few places left down in the pine barrons where you can ride, the rangers will stop and check your paperwork if they see you but if everything matches you will be on your way. Of course there are also some decent illegal places left to ride here and there without getting bothered but you will not have much luck getting people to tell you where they are. Up until about 1992 things in NJ were not too bad, seems to me ever since then the crack down on bikes has become more pronounced and the penalities for getting caught keep going skyward.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I live in South Jersey Clayton. Their are plenty of places to ride legal. I am a memeber of NJORVP. For 300.00 a year I think it is a very fair price it is open all week,I rather pay the whole season up front then pay 25.00 to 35.00 a shot for practice. I know I ride more than 10 times a year figure out the math!!

You have E- town of course, atco, MT. pleasant, blue diamond . How can you say their is no where to ride. I like to switch it up between orv and blue diamond. Blue diamond is located in new castle delaware, opened up a few months back. I have been their a few times it is more for B to A rider, fast track some technical the 80 ft table in the back and 75 ft optional up front are out of my league but the track is still fun to me.The track was designed by Gary Bailey Here are the websites other than atco,orv and english town...ORV is 55 minutes from my house atco is 30 minutes,blue diamond is 45 minutes ,mt pleasant 45 minutes,E-town 80 minutes.

http://www.bluediamondpark.com/ [url]http://www.mtpleasantmx.com/http://www.mtpleasantmx.com

Last edited:

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Sign online petition to Help fight for an outdoor recreation complex in northern New Jersey.

http://www.xtremehabitat.org/how.html

Article from Burlington County Times "Off-road runs out of bounds"

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-11022003-189518.html

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Signed

Feb 28, 2004
Hey guys. Im from northern New Jersey as well. I live in East Hanover, which is in Morris County. Anyone else from around here?? I have a friend with a 2001 CR250 and me and him are gonna start riding together once the good weather is here to stay. I was just curious if anyone else on here lives close to me?? I would love to hear from some of you and maybe you can point us to some of the spots where cops actually leave you alone. If you dont want to post it here, you can IM me on AIM or AOL at: Mikes 2003 YZ250. Or you can e-mail me at Mikes2003YZ250@Aol.Com. I would really appreciate it. I know of Raceway Park and Jack Frost, but I was wondering if there was anywhere kind of closer so I wouldnt have to travel for an hour or so just to have a couple quick rides. Thanks in advance. Mike :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Hey Mike

I'm in Dover, but don't really know of any places where you won't be bothered. We have a few places around here where the neighbors and cops don't hassle the locals, but when people from out of town start coming to the area, they will chase them and give out tickets. Thats their way of keeping the area from getting overcrowded.
You should consider joining us at Paragon in May if you are up for a weekend of trail riding. Heres the thread for that ride http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=89793
Let me know if youi are interested, and I can probably fit one more bike if you wanna tag along.
Maybe when the weather warms up, we can do a little bit of riding.

Dan

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Besides Raceway and NJORVP, there really isnt anything else all that great. I dont really like Raceway all that much, since a lot of the guys are stuck up asses. NJORVP is a nice, friendly family place where you get away from that competitive raceway feel.

Near where I live, there are TONS of vacant farms and trails to ride, and old farms that are now construction sites to ride. Tons of us ride on the construction sites every Sunday since there are no workers there and nobody seems to mind. There are always people besides us riding there, and in fact, on more than once occasion the workers bring down their bikes and quads and ride. We have had the cops called on us a couple times, and the most they have ever done was told us to go home, and we ride there the next month without a problem, and in some cases, the cops are cool and we make conversations and explain how we live in the development right behind here, and have all these bikes and quads, and they tell us its allright to ride as long as they dont get any complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom