ROADRACER

Oct 7, 2000
I'm going to Phoenix Apr.20/23. Does anyone know of any riding areas or where I can find some info. I'm looking primarily for trail riding places and my bike is not street lagal.Anything within about 2 hours or so of Phoenix would be ok. If you have any suggestions drop me a note mekcak@aol.com Thanks Mike

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Looks like I'm going to have to take a long weekend! :)

There's plenty of good riding just outside of Phoenix. Do you like singletrack?

Where are you staying, and what do you ride?

------------------
John
00 CR500AF
No Fear....Just Respect
ST's Picture Page

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I'm planning a trip back east for this June. I may get as far as Tn. then up through Pa. and back around through Il. So maybe we can get together for a ride then.

But I have already started working on the wife for a fall trip to Mo. and Il. :) So right now, it looks good.

------------------
John
00 CR500AF
No Fear....Just Respect
ST's Picture Page

ROADRACER

Oct 7, 2000
John I ride a 250 KTM EXC. There are 12 of us that are going to do this trip.We all like to ride single track and would prefer mostly woods and desert combination.The other bikes are: CR250 YAM400 KDX200.I don't know which hotel we are staying at yet but I'm sure it will be out near the PIR racetrack. Any places that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

Dash Riprock

Jul 13, 2000
Maybe CAB could show you(us) some trails up in Prescott? The weather should be perfection around that time. You out there CAB?

Also there's a MX track(Speedworld) that's open here during the week(Thursday and Friday) when it's less crowded if you wanted to check that out.

Dash

------------------
Not your father's redneck.
'01 YZ250F

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
You've sure gotten into this MX thing lately Dash. What happened to you? Did you hit your head to hard on the trail or something?

I don't have any hotels to recommend, but I can tell you that PIR is on the wrong side of town for riding. It's on the southwest side. The riding is on the northwest, and north east sides.

I'll be glad to show you and your friends some trails. Also, I wouldn't mind going up to Prescott to see Cabs trails. I have been planning on doing that. But I was going to wait till it's to hot down here to ride.

------------------
John
00 CR500AF
No Fear....Just Respect
ST's Picture Page

Dash Riprock

Jul 13, 2000
Originally posted by singletracker500:
You've sure gotten into this MX thing lately Dash. What happened to you? Did you hit your head to hard on the trail or something?

No, no I've not too head my hard trail...uh, what was the question again?

Nah, I like to keep a rotation thing going with differnt types of riding that's all. Next month I'll be up in the woods and trees for a few weeks straight, then back here in the desert etc, etc. Hey, why don't you meet me out at Speedworld next week? Good gawd you'd have some serious fun with that AF out there; lots of room for that bad boy. Hey, this just came to me, if you do meet me out there we could swap bikes for a few laps. That way you could see if you like the little thumper. Of course, me riding your AF is just an after thought, that's all, heh, heh ;)

ROADRACER, FYI: Prescott is an easy one hour+ drive from Phoenix.

Dash

ROADRACER

Oct 7, 2000
John I found a place called the Hayfield Draw. Is it a good place to go? There are 12 of us coming out to ride.Everyone in the group has been riding for years and we are looking for some challenging single track to ride. My e-mail is mekcak@aol.com . Why don't you e-mail me your phone number and I'll give you call.Thanks Mike

Top Bottom