Places to Ride In South Wisconsin and North IL

intmach

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2002
I have been to a couple of places in southern Wi that are not really what I would call Biker friendly.. One of them is Bong recreational area.. It is just over the border. It's a flat area with a kind of track thingy around it.a couple miles of loops. They allow quads so the weekends get kind of busy.. Great for beginners or the little ones.. Fun? not really. Just a place to get a quick fix.. The other one was the cheese trail. It's kind of by the Platteville area.. The trail system is o.k. for beginners and the little ones.. It is all gravel and caters to the atv's. Note there is a speed limit of I think 40mph on that trail system so beware. They radar.. HEHE. The trail is a old railroad bed that slowly winds thru the country.. There are numerous small towns for gas and food along the trail.. Do not go off the trail system. The trails are governed by there local atv club and they are having problems with riders not staying on the trails..

Northern Ill. huh.. not many but there is Byron next to the nuclear power plant that you could check into.. I think the last i heard the trails there were closed due to the 9/11 concerns.. Not sure thought

What are you looking for, trails, motox.. We go on a few trips a year to Wi and such for weeeknd adventures..
Zig

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
What kind of riding? Motocross? Trails?

coolktm

May 29, 2002
I dont know why there isnt more places to trail ride in southern WI. There seems to be open land but I think everyone rides 4-wheelers. The only place good in WI that I have been to was Black River Falls before they closed the singe track trails.

Top Bottom