places to ride near pittsburgh pa

DualSport200

Jun 20, 2004
Pittsburgh - South Hills trail riding

undefined
Lonewolf said:
where do you guys who live near pittsburgh pa. ride at? i ride most of the time at finleyville because i can ride there from my house but im looking for other places in the area. i like to ride at finleyville because there is all types of riding out there and i like a variety of things. i know there is stuff out near jefferson hospital and rt. 885, there is some fly ash dumps near clairton, the glassport dumps. any of you guys ever been to any of these places? if so whats the terrain like? someone also told me something about slate dumps in belle vernon too. ism sure there are a lot of other places in the area to ride so pleae let me know about them.

=============================

Hey Lonewolf and BrianFR I just now found this site and registered. I was looking for trails in the area. Just got a Fat-tired Yamaha TW200 dual purpose. I rode by that house today with the wood carvings on the porch. I went down Gill Hall Road past Pintey Forl Road and Peters Creek Road cuz my neighbor told me there are trails down there. Coud not find them so I trespassed on a bunch of new home building sites. Hope you guys a re still frequenting this site and wanna ride some time. I have been to 40 acres on ATV's and used to hang out there as a kid. They are supposed to be developing it some but there are lots of trails but I dont feel comfortable yet riding without more experienced riders. Anyway 40 acres is located ABOVE the 3 side of the square (f you can picture this) Streets Run Glass Run (which are parellel) and the road that connects the two of them in Hayes I think it is. You can see Glass run and Streets run from 40 acres. Email me if you or anyone else wanna get a posse together and ride in the woods on some weekend. Please use a subject to be able to detect ya from the spam! Thanks

Will B.

May 16, 2005
Glassport Dumps

You guys should ride at the Glassport Dumps. It is so nice and open. It is so open we were able to drive our truck right up to the trails to unload my bike. There are some jumps too. It is a sweet all around place.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
brianfr said:
I almost forgot about about YELLOW CREEK in Wellsville, Ohio. It is the ****, and you are allowed to ride there, at least according to the fire chief of that township, who also does paramedic duties.

It's about an hour and a half from Pittsburgh. Less if you live to the west of the city.

I live less than 20 miles from Wellsville/Yellow Creek. It's indeed a nice place to ride. No entrance fees, no hassles. And you can be there in about 1 hour from dahntahn Pittsburgh. Just get on Rt 22 and head past Star Lake then go north on Rt 7 in Steubenville.

yomamaha

Nov 17, 2005
Supercross Track In Elizabeth,pa

I just built a full blown supercross track at my house in elizabeth forward. I will let some people come & ride for a fee of 15.00 a day & u have to sign waiver. Track is on 5 acres

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Im from erie, pa... their use to be a track in sagertown but it closed down, but now behind there theirs a whole bunch of trails i ride on... im looking for new places to ride though as well

Tdel

Mar 1, 2004
Since we life flighted some one off of our MX track I won't let people I don't know ride on my farm. But just to make you all wish you knew me, I tried attaching some photo's of my new SX pratcice track that sits in the middle of the MX track and another 210 acers of trails. Unfortunatly the jpegs are over the size limmit. If anyone knows a workaround on that let me know and try to repost them.

If you want to ride SX try Creekside practice track, it could use some work but it's better than nothing.

I may be out at the dumps this weekend, look for me on a 05 KTM 300 MXC, riding with my brother in law on either an 03 or 98 CR 250.

Mr.Crimm, hope to see you in the spring!

topp

Mar 21, 2009
im looking for places to ride in Pittsburgh and riding buddies. the blog seems dead but maby i will get lucky and someone will post ...e mail me at topphq at yaho0 ,com

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Have you ever been to Marienville? It's about smack dab between us and I may put together a little ride with my wife and a couple buddies this summer. There's another girl who rides but her (cough, cough) quad is broken. They're planning on getting it running this spring.

Where do you ride? Any good trails/tracks north of you?

topp

Mar 21, 2009
Im pretty new to riding, the only places i know are little crappy trails around the area (its more fun to ride through the public parks but thats a ticket waiting to happen...i have a dual sport). i have not been to lucky finding spots let me know where marianville is.

Top Bottom