Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Want to tick off an enviromentalist? Ask them what they are personally doing to reduce greenhouse gasses. You might even ask them about Kyoto. Then tell them about the trees you have planted.
Trees eat Co2. More trees = less greenhouse gasses. They will most likely be caught flat-footed. Great fun!!
Of course it helps if you have actually planted a few.:)
I have about two acres of pine trees in my yard. I planted them so I don't have to cut so much grass, but the eco guys don't have to know that!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
What most people don't realize is that the best conservationists out there are those that recreate in the outdoors. Think about it: Ducks Unlimited, National Wild Turkey Foundation, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Blue Ribbon Coalition, AMA, NRA--all of these groups have probably done more to help the environment than any of those wacko groups.

It's too bad the wackos made "environmentalist" a dirty word . . .

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Around my house we have our own forest growing, all with pine trees planted by my Dad and I. The trees are startig to mature enough to start volenteers are starting to sprout up. I think at last count I had about 12 or 13 seedlings to move.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I remember reading somewhere that there are more trees in the United States today than there were when the Pilgrims landed.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by MoO_coW
Was it MXA?
No, ktmboy is right. There are more trees in the USA today than there were when the pilgrims landed. They may not all be mature yet, but there are more trees.

Think about it. The town where you live probably started as a big meadow (I know mine did). Find some pics from a hundred years ago and see. If I look at my hometown today from up on the hill, there are trees everywhere.

It is a fact.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
XRP brings up a good point re: tree planting. I live in the desert, and I know for a fact that there are more trees here than there were 20 years ago, let alone 200. Of course, the green whackos are mad at us desert dwellers for importing water! They push this idea of 'Xeriscape'-drought resistant plants, rocks instead of grass, etc. My neighborhood is very 'green-unfriendly':we all have lush lawns and trees, flowers, bushes,etc. Hey, we pay for the water, and it's up to the water managers to come up with constructive ways to monitor the supply and demand! (The farmers could learn to be a liittle more efficient in their water use.)
Bottom line---the only thing that will make these creeps happy is negative population growth!

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I have planted lots of trees, both in my yard, and on the farm that I worked on through my teenage years. I have planted myself into a lot more trees than I have planted, though.;)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
LOL--I was up on the ridges yesterday with RMJeff, and the sound of the scrub oak branches glancing off my helmet was un-nerving. I can't imagine busting through real trees!:eek:

Top Bottom