JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I just bought an 02 Gas Gas 125 for my son which is in excellent shape (with one exception). I see where someone fell and the pipe went into the tank and make a deep cut. The tank does not leak and I will be ordering a new one shortly. However, I was wondering if this one could be safely reinforced by fiberglass or something like that.

My concern is that stickers don't usually stay on plastic tanks because they emit some kind of fumes or something. I am assuming fiberglass would work on non gas tank plastic. My big concern is whatever comes out of the tank that keeps stickers from sticking (on Honda XRs, etc.). I wonder it whatever that is will break the fiberglass bond with the plastic.

Thanks for all help on this one-
JCW

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
My KDX tank was leaking from a gash in the side so I took it to a plastic welding shop where they welded it up for $20 and it has held up fine.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Im with Fatty_k, but if you can't finde a plastic repair shopsee if you or any of your frieds know someone who works at a plastics mfg company. My father inlaw did and has welded serveral things for me before retirment.

Kevin

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Thanks for the info. I decided to try the fiberglass method and it seems to be fine. I rode the bike today and it is holding up nicely.

Top Bottom