dougjc

Mar 23, 2003
03 KDX220 - This seems really dumb, but the upper and lower bolt holes on the two plastic side panels no longer line up with the threaded bolt holes on the tank. When one is centered the other is 1/4 inch off or so. At first I thought something was misaligned, but the bolt holes are both on the tank, so nothing can really change. I can only get the bolt that screws into the radiator and one of the others to line up. That leaves either the upper or lower side panel flapping around. This is absurd, sorry.

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
You must have laid the bike down because your radiator mount is messed up. The mount that the radiator is bolted onto is very thin metal and easy to bend (for a reason). The metal on the mount is thin so the mount gives more than the radiator. If the mount was thick and not easy to bend then you would have a bent up$300 radiator. Take a 2" by 4" peice of wood and set it on the mount and tap it with a hammer until it looks straight. Hope this helps

Ben

Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
If the radiator itself is bent (whistles innocently) then you can do what ..... my friend (yeah, that's it!) did and move your hole.

Just get some plumber's tape. Run the stock screw through the tape and through the rad bracket. Then get a nut / bolt to go through your plastic's hole and the tape a hole or two down from where the rad is. Cut off all the remaining tape and you are good to go.

Good luck!
-Dawg

kdxman15

Aug 21, 2003
put 1 of the bolts in the hole loosey and pull the shroud so u can get the top 1 in and then put the bottom in if that dosent work drill the holes silghtly bigger to give it a bit more movement.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Mine is the same way, and nothing is bent. you gotta start with the bolt cloases to the seat I beliebe, and put it in loose.. when like stretcht eh radiatior shroud up, and the to p one iwll lign up, and then the radiator hole lines right up.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
One of these days KDXfreestyle will proof read his post. But he is right, just barely start one of the gas tank bolts, then you can get the other one on. Do the bolt to the radiator last.

DeSeRt_KaW

Sep 29, 2003
Im suprised in you guys!
Now, what I need to know is...are you putting your shrouds on when its cold? Because the plastic shrinks. Ive had that same problem when im outside, But my garage has a heater in there, and the plastics can kind of expand(Or Bend)...Does that help?

If not, Do what these guys are saying cause that helps too...
Just bolt the plastics in a lil bit so the bolt holes can still move, L8ers bro.

"Honda's are like Tampons, Every ***** has one."
"Give Blood, Ride BMX"

Top Bottom