737jet

Jun 13, 2007
I've browesed through most of the topics on this forum and have had no luck on this topic.

I can't seem to find one plastics kit for my 1995 KDX 200 in black. I wanted to go with a mx style rear fender and # plate. I've heard that people make the KX plastics fit but I'd rather find the right plastics, if someone makes them, for my bike.

If any one has converted there KDX to look like a KX or knows of a place or company that sells a whole kit in black, pls let me know.

Thanks!

737jet

Jun 13, 2007
Thanks for the help man but I've already humped that leg trying get this stuff in black. It strikes me as odd that a company won't provide a kit for these bikes but would rather sell the individual peices to you in all the colours of the rainbow so you can look a clown in front of your buddies.

Why do they all make the front and or rear fender in black but leave the rest purple or green?

I've been to Kawasaki and those poor guys are trying there best to "piece" a black kit from Acerbis, UFO and god knows who else. This is fast becoming a really bad joke. I think if someone opened a company that could oh I don't know, maybe make a full kit for your bike, maybe just maybe they'd make a penny.

737jet

Jun 13, 2007
I went to Kawasaki in Richmond to "piece" one together. The short answer is, don't even bother. Nothing from there new stuff matches and they don't make anything older than 2 years. Turns out that 2 years (seasons) is what Kawasaki expects you to get out of their dirt bikes and then they're considered garbage.

I couldn't beleive it. It seemed true though. We looked through some catalogues and 2002 seemed to be the furthest you could go back. Even decal kits, the ones that say Chevy Truck one them, they're gone too.

Any last ideas before I "Go Green"?

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
If you want your bike to look like a KX, why not just actually buy a KX? I don't think there are not any companies that make black plastic kits or each individual piece in black. If you are worried about appearance, then black plastic showing off every little scratch may not be what you want, anyway.

If no company made black plastic for a KDX when it was in production, there may not be any that start making them since it was discontinued a year ago.

2 strokes for life, the 1995 was the first year for the last style. 1994 was the last year for the previous style. (1995-2006)

737jet

Jun 13, 2007
Well, I'd love to pick up a KX but I've had enough of rolling myself around in the dirt doing dumb stuff. This thing will keep my stupidity factor away for a bit. It's perfect for just cruising along in the trails and then having some fun too.

Like I said I found everything accept the Rad shrouds in black. Then a thought dawned on me. I remember seeing those geeks who drive Honda civics thinking there cars are so quick because they bought a carbon fiber hood but realised they couldn't haul a bowl of rice anyways. Well, that's the look I want for my bike.

I found some plastics that do it but it's a sticker and they don't make it for my KDX. The bikes looked really nice when you veiw them on the net.

What am I going to do? I'll probably buy the front and rear MX style fender in black. The rest, I'm going to try and bond carbon fiber to the fenders and reuse them. I've already done it but I need to wait until tomorrow for the resin to harden.

I'll upload pictures of it if they turn out right. If not, it all goes in the garbage and I order it all in green and just forget I ever thought of going black.
Thanks for the help guys!

737jet

Jun 13, 2007
Seroius? Okay, here's the deal. I went on UFO's website and I couldn't find the whole lit in black, just some green and black. I went to Kawasaki and (2) of them and same thing. They both told me there was no way to get it all in black.

If you can get a part number or something to order them, that'd be Perfect!

iamthecowboy

May 23, 2007
How about a can of Black spraypaint!!!! :)

My bike looks like a clown bike, but it doesn't bother me. I ride and dress like a clown anyway, none of my stuff matches, why start with the plastic!

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
04_04A.JPG

Top Bottom