Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
I have a 2003 KDX220 and would like to put a MX style # plate on the front. Does anyone know if a 2003-2004 KX 125/250 would work. There are 3 holes on the bottom...2 each side hold the orginal plate and one in the middle. I looked at a KX 125/250 2004's and they use the center plus sides. Any suggestions??

Patrick

Mar 6, 2002
If your fender is no different than the 2002 KDX then you can do what I did. Use an Acerbis front plate for 96 - 02 KX250 ($20). However, you will have to mount it about 1.5" out from the fork tubes to allow clearance for cables and odometer. Use the number plate as a template and drill two small holes through the top of your fender. Use two small bolts/nuts to connect to the fender. Use a zip tie at the top to connect it to the odometer cable. The bottom contour of this plate fits the '02 KDX perfectly.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
OR... You can buy a 1995/1996 RM 125/250 # plate. It has the fork guards connected to it so you can take off the black fork boots. I used to zip tie mine to my forks (it has 4 holes, 1 in each corner), but I have some extra bolts that fit 1 of the many holes in the triple clamps. So, I just drilled 2 holes and bolted it in. Looks great! :thumb:

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
sasrocks said:
RTL: Looks like you were able to keep your odo. is that true? looks fantastic. any mouting tips would be appreciated.

I did not keep the stock ODO, no need in my case. However, you could easily keep it if you wanted to with no problems.

Tips: Use the top cable guide to help stabalize the number plate. Use the two bottom triple clamp holes to do most of the work. My top center bolt is actually not connected to anything, I just have an aluminum bolt there to fill the hole in the plate. Also, I used rubber washers to provide proper spacing out from the clamps. It took me about 2 hours to fabricate, but it was worth it to me to get a factory look.

Top Bottom