Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I'm not sure about motocross, but their ATV Offroad Fury 2 is more fun than any motocross games i've play for xbox or gamecube.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
ATV Offroad Fury is pretty good, even tho there are 4 wheels.... plays just like MotoMadness 2 (same developer). NOTHING else I've tried was worth a damn imho. YMMV

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Motorcross Madness 2 is the best motorcycle game I've ever played. Mines on PC but the PS2 game is awesome too. What I belive is the best quad/motorsports is Quad Power Racing2. I love it cause you can pull endless stoppies, wheelies, and bicycles and duoble backflips are a breeze. The time trials really take some skill w/o making you so mad you throw you controller at the TV. I think its the best probably because its the most unrealistic and has so many different options and tracks. You got to have these games to have fun. All the others just don't respond fast or make it too hard to win or even enjoy the dang thing.

Imho

Sponsoring Member
Mar 6, 2002
IMO:

MXM2 is probably the best true MX game.
ATV Off Road Fury 1 and 2 are great, even though they are ATV based.
Quad Power Racing 1 and 2 are great for just having (not-so-realistic) fun, particularly multiplayer.

PS. Rumour has it that the developers of ATVORF are releasing a two-wheeled MX version in the (US) Spring.

Last edited:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Or just forget about the bike games and pick up Medal of Honor: Rising Sun and SocomII. They will both occupy PLENTY of your time.

Imho

Sponsoring Member
Mar 6, 2002
I didn't think Ricky Carmichael's MX2002 was too bad either but I'm not sure if it was PS1 or PS2. It's not hugely realistic but it kept my son and I busy for quite a few nights.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
someone needs to make a mx game where you start out as a novice and then get sposorships and work up to places like lorettas and ponca and then go national. that would be cool if they could pull something like that off.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
oh, and if they could do 2moto format with qualifying and everything, tons of riders. the works. man that would be cool

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Try MX rider.

Probably one of the best MX games with motorcycles (no goon buggies). It's a better race game than MX2002 and ATV with complete seasons for 125, 250, and 500s (outdoors only). Great variety of tracks and once you get into it, you'll realize some of the finer details that they took into consideration like rider's body position and some of the handling/physics. It also does sponsorships, qualifying, and such but nothing like you are after 842. It has freestyle but it is obvious that the racing was the main focus (thank goodness)

It can be had for $20 new....definitely worth it compared to Superfly, MX2002, Freakstyle, McGrath Stupidcross, and even ATV Couch racing 1 and 2.

Only problem is that it is based on Euro racing.

I think MX Unleashed got backed up til spring but this sounds like it is going to be a big step up as far as MX games go....I hope it delivers.

Imho

Sponsoring Member
Mar 6, 2002
Actually, I'd forgotten about MX Rider. I totally second that assessment. It's a great career-based game. Graphics aren't too bad either.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I dunno if they have it for PS2, but I've got MX Superfly for my GameCube. I think it's totally awesome, but that's just me.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I saw some reviews about MX Unleashed and it uses the same poly engine as ATV Off Road Fury. If you played that game you know how awesome the terrain graphics are. The release is supposed to be Feb '04, and it should be worth waiting for. Check this
LINK out for PS2.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Airplanes and monster trucks in an MX game? That doesn't sound realistic to me! Or have I been missing something?

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I am with you on that. However its just to give a wider appeal to the game. I never play the freestyle crap anyway-Im just in it for the racing!

Top Bottom