fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my '95 white plastic to orange, to kind of resemble modern ktm's. Has anybody tried this on there pre-pumpkin era bike? Silver rear fender and side panel aren't available for '95, so it's either all orange or all black plastic or both? and this wouldn't be authentic replica of new ktm's. What is difference between '97 orange and '98? I have DRN fender stickers on order to complete the new look.

LB

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I've got a '96 KTM which is the same color as the '97, and the 'orange' is more of a very dark yellow! I'm tempted myself to update my colors, but they only made this color for 2 years, so it is kind of unique!

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I did some research on cycle trader and saw some stock color schemes for '97
97ktm.jpg

Looks like they had all orange plastic, nice look, now I need cool shroud graphics to match.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Yeh, that's the color mine is. It looks almost like a cross between yellow and orange, (nothing like the new pumpkin color!).If you find someone that makes graphics that fit, please post. All the graphics companies list in their ads is '98-01. I'm not sure if the '98 plastic is shaped the same and they just changed the color, or if the shape changed also, but if the newer graphics would fit, there's some great stuff out there.

MX Madman

Oct 7, 2000
My`93 250sx is that same color orange,but I used black shrouds and solid black gripper seat.As for graphics,I used a Factory Connection bike kit to make my on simple clean desighn.It really gave the bike a clean,modern look.I`ll try to post some pics soon.:cool:

Socal-Eric

Apr 13, 2001
I replaced the white plastic on my 95 300MXC with complete Silver plastic from a 96 360SX. A great improvement, I will try to post a pic later.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Semi '97

Finally got around to installing my '97 orange, UFO plastic. Install went ok, except for the sawing necesary to mount rear fender in sub frame. Got some Factory effects generic Ktm graphics and of course DRN fender stickers:cool:

Attachments

• 300e.jpg
    300e.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 349

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Is that seat really purple, or had you been haulin' Barney around?:)

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
The seat cover is the old one from the '95 color scheme. I guess I'll have to get a solid black one, to not stand out so much.

Lawndart D

May 24, 2001
'98 shrouds free

i have a '98 380M/XC which i replaced the orange plastic with black( silver rear fender and side panels) i still have the orange minus the front fender(oops in the whoops! :eek: ) if anyone is interested im not using the side panels and they are in good/decent shape(minor scratches from knee braces) i have to keep the # plate for sentimental reasons. let me know
happy landings
Lawndart Dave
Hey where can i get those DRN stickers???

Last edited:

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
hey i like that seat cover! i have one just like it on my 1994 125. stephans garage in germany found plastic and graphics for mine(stock) . you ought to check them out!

Top Bottom