mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Ok, I have been riding for a while now, not doing to bad in local races. But I have never adjusted my front or rear suspension besides for the race sag on the rear.
To be honest, I have no idea where to start. So, my question is how do I go about setting up my suspension? Where do I start and what are the results that I am looking for?
Can someone PLEASE give me some advice.. :eek:

KXaggerator

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2001
One simple way to see how your suspension is working for you is to have a friend with a good video camera film you when you race to see if the suspension is hopping around when you ride, or following the terrain. I didn't realize that my rear rebound was too soft until I saw a video. My bike was drifting wide in high speed corners and I just thought the rear tire was sliding, but it was rebound induced.

I don't want to be a plagiarist so let me state that this is what Eric Gorr suggests in this book.

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for the link. I will read through it and give it a go. I will also get my lady to record me while riding and have a look at the suspension. Thanks for the input..

Mike

Top Bottom