Please Help Identify These Shocks

mxhasbeen

Sep 19, 2001
Can anyone help identify these shocks? They are mounted on a recently purchased Husky 250 CR. Need to know if they are rebuildable and AHRMA legal. Thanks for the help in advance. I hope the picture comes through.Photo

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Don't really know for sure what those shocks are. Betor is a good guess.

AHRMA legal? Depends on what class you want to race. What year is the Husky in question? Check the AHRMA rulebook for maximum allowable travel. I can tell you that vintage MX only allows 4 inches of rear wheel travel. Generally vintage is 1974 and older. Post vintage is a little more complicated and to tell you the truth I haven't read the post vintage rules.

When you only have 4 inches, performance is important. You might want to call Works Performance they can build you AHRMA legal shocks.:D

mxhasbeen

Sep 19, 2001
Thanks for the help! The bike is a 73, and the class is Sportsman 250 Intermediate. I know AHRMA is considering the question of attached reservoir shocks. They appear to meet the less than 4" requirement, but may be junk or unrebuildable. It would be helpful to know what these are so I can decide quickly whether to look elsewhere. Having shocks built for my specific need sounds like a good answer.

Thanks again

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I had old blown out Girlings on my Maico. If you plan on racing, the best bet is to get new shocks. I went with Works Performance. They ask for your weight and riding style (I'm 250 and AGRESSIVE!) It took a while to recover from sticker shock though....$325.00!! But they are nice units and rebuildable

johnnymoto

~SPONSOR~
Nov 9, 2000
I agree with dirt bike dave that they are stock Bul shocks that came on the 1975 Bul's. The blue and white 250's were the so smooth and quiet that you didn't realize how fast they were. Ooop's,sorry just another vintage flashback moment but it sure was nice. :)

Top Bottom