muckamuck4

May 9, 2014
I bought an '01 cr250r a little over a month ago and it suffered from the same problem the day i brought it home. I run 32:1, i've done the top end, new fuel likes, cleaned the carb, replaced the float valve, new fuel filter, air filter, new oil, new spark plug (gapped), etc. I'm new to messing with 2-strokes/tuning carbs. The bike is stock with low hours as far as i can tell. The old piston (which was stock) was still in good condition...its even got the stock tires on it.

Ok, so now that i've set the foundation....heres the problem. When i get around 3/4 throttle, the bike bogs and stutters (i assume its not getting enough fuel). I live in southern Arizona where there is no humidity and im around 1000 ft in elivation. Being that the problem occurs around 3/4 throttle and higher, i've put the 400, 410 and 420 main jet in it today and the problem is still there. The temps are around 100 degrees today as i was doing this. looking at the jetting chart it recomends the 400 to the 410 jet. Obviously that didn't work and the 420 isn't working either. looking at the spark plug, from my minimal experience its running rich.

Where do I go from here???

muckamuck4

May 9, 2014
Thanks Jaguar. I tried that and am still having issues. Could the reeds be contributing to this? Its obviosly a older bike andi have yet to look at them. Also, forgot to mention...but when i twist the throttle in neautral, th bike stays at a high idle for a prolong amount of time before returning to a norml idle.

Top Bottom