Superman_69x

Mod Ban
Sep 10, 2007
Well i've been riding quads since 4th grade and now im lookin to get a dirt bike, but not to sure what to get. I dont know if i want a 2 stroke 125 or a 4 stroke off road bike. I ride trails a lot and every now and then i'll hit the track. I love 2 strokes because of their speed and i don't mind 4 strokes, it's just theat they don't have that speed. If i were to get a 4 stroke, im not sure whether to get the honda 150F or the 230, i've driven a yamaha tt-r125 and the 230, the 125 didn't have the power for my taste and the 230 was great, i just don't know if it's "to much" but i rode it pretty hard and the only thing that was the only downside, is it's pretty heavy. Also, in your opinoin, what 125 2 stroke is the best and why. I'm 15 5'7" and 140lbs and i ride pretty aggressive. Any help much appreciated.

blakeyboy125

Aug 1, 2007
Actually if you get a newer four stroke. Then the 2 strokes don,t really have that big of an edge, AT LEAST NOW.... the four strokes are made different than before. trust me i was just like you.... i thought a 2 stroke would be the only think i would consider. but after i swung my leg over my frinds 06 kx 250F i thought '' I WANT ONE!!!!'' but if your set on a 2 stroke then yea get a 125 2 stroke they have some POWER... :cool:

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
You can get a 125cc 2-stroke or a 250cc 4-stroke. I'm 140lbs like you, not powerful, and I'm a beginner too.. So I think 125cc 2-st is the best for us because they're very light. If you have a chance, try and see which one do you like, if you don't, I think you should get 125cc 2-st.

For a beginner, 2-stroke is better, if you ask why, it's because their power is harder to control, so it will give you better aggressive-riding experiance. When you really learned riding is trails and on track, you can get a 4-stroke. I think this is the best way to develop ourselves..

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Superman_69x I love 2 strokes because of their speed and i don't mind 4 strokes said:
First off, for us to help you properly you need to fill out the form that is in the "sticky" post. See the thread that IndyYZ85 pointed you to.

Second: The Yamaha TT line is the "off road" models, while any two stroke is going to be a MX bike. Oranges and apples. If you compare a four stroke MX bike to a two stroke MX bike I doubt that you would think that a four stroke was slow.

There are several major differences between a "off road" bike and a "MX" bike. The MX bike will be taller, have more suspension travel, and have a high performance engine (higher compression, no EPA stuff, better intake and exhaust). They will be lighter and generally skip any of the extras, like lights or kickstand.

The "off road" models will usually have a lower seat height (better for shorter people). The low compression engine won't develop as much power but it will start a lot easier and it will last a lot longer. The suspension won't be as good and the bike will weigh more.

If you just want to ride trails the off road bike may be the best fit for you. If you want to tear up the track then you might be better off on a MX bike. Two stroke vs four stroke is more a personal preference.

Rod

Superman_69x

Mod Ban
Sep 10, 2007
rmc_olderthandrit-when i said i dont mind 4 storkes, i was talking about the off road bokes, not mx bikes. What 4 stroke mx bike would you suggest??

goblue12n0

Sep 11, 2007
The modern four strokes are much easier to ride then any two stroke that I have ever ridden. They also require less maintenance in theory. You'll be amazed by the low end torque of the new four strokes.

I'm not very familar with anything but Honda. A friend rides a 230f Honda. He speaks highly of its handling and I've never seen him making repairs. Honda also makes a CRF250 that looks like a MX bike but is has trail suspension, a small tail light and a head light.

Superman_69x

Mod Ban
Sep 10, 2007
Hey dick head, the only reason i started this thread, is because im gonna be buying a bike in about 6 months and i wanted suggestions when i go to buy one....so when he asked me my price limit, i said no limit cause im not buying one right now, but in about 6 months when i save all my money it'll be around $2500 and i'll probably buy my friends 03 cr125... so daddy isn't buying my bike

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'd refrain from calling people as large and surly as Pred "dick head".

He's not generally an angry sort of guy, but from what I have seen, he's far from a "dick head", he's a pretty decent guy.

Not only that, you've not be around here long enough to say things like that about mod's and get away with it.

I see your time here being quite limited, unless you tender a sincere apology to Pred, after all he is a mod and will promptly ban your a$$.

Superman_69x

Mod Ban
Sep 10, 2007
Actually daddy's not buying, i started this thread to see what bike would be best for me becasue im going to be buying a bike in about 6 months. I started this thread now so i have time to look for deals and i'll have about $2500-$3000 in 6 months, so that'll be my price range, but i'll prob buy my friends honda cr 125 for $2000. So daddy isn't buying my bike, i am.

Superman_69x

Mod Ban
Sep 10, 2007
Well im sorry XRpredator for calling you a dick head, it's just that people always say that my dad buys everything for me and thats defaintyly NOT TRUE, it just really annoys me when people say that kind of stuff and you didn't know the reason i said no limit is cause im not buying my bike for a few months, i just wanted the input on what you guys think good bikes are for me that's all. Sorry.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You're done here you little scum bag. Tell daddy to buy you a new forum to post on while he's at it because you are no longer welcome here.

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Superman_69x said:
. . . i'll prob buy my friends honda cr 125 for $2000. So daddy isn't buying my bike, i am.
So why are you even asking?

I guess I won't get an answer now, eh?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
So why are you even asking?

I guess I won't get an answer now, eh?

I could call you up and speak in some idiot/moron kid dialect if it would help. ;)

FYI to anyone ELSE who dares take a verbal swipe at Pred. He is not a man to be trifled with. I offer the following in evidence of that fact :

Pred once ate 86 hard boiled eggs, burp twiced and then went to IHOP for a grand slam breakafast.

Pred once saved a small Korean woman who was trapped in a well. He later fed her to dogs claiming it was circle of life stuff that was best not explained.

No one knows where or when Pred was born. Scholars surmise he was hatched from a cross breeding of dinosaur eggs and easter peeps.

Pred talks to spiders but squishes small foreign people

Pred once touched a small boy who grew up to be a major league baseball player. Years later during his induction ceremony at Cooperstown the boy thanked Pred for chasing the gay out of him on that fateful day.

Pred spelled backwards is Derp, which is an arabic word for man who scratches taint with a racoon paw.

Pred owes me $14 for a contract killing I did for him in Brazil

Pred can't touch his own butt so he pays a circus midget to do it for him.

Pred eats soup with a touthbrush

Pred can't spell Pred, so he draws pictures like the cave men to communicate his name.

Pred is frightened by hot dogs. He believes they are the fingers of former Rockettes who were killed by bigfoot.

Pred invented Ovaltine, but he wanted it to be ass flavored and refuses to acknowledge the ******* child Chocolate version that evolved from his ground breaking work.

Pred rarely sleeps. He prefers to close sit in a chair, close one eye and pee down his left leg to relax

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rich, that 14 bucks is in the mail. Thank you for taking care of Pedro y Pedro de la Garcia de Fernandozuela.

He should have never besmirched the 4-stroke revolution.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
He should have never besmirched the 4-stroke revolution.

A pox on all of the two-stroke loving infidels of the oil burning Luddite movement .

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Hey, can somebody put the Forman Translator in a sticky somewhere on here? It would come in handy quite often!

Top Bottom