B

biglou

It's probably more like half a litre (500ml) or 650ml. Somewhere in that range. But it should be cast into the case or clutch cover right near the fill hole.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
WHOA!! I think mine is around 750, yours would be less like Lou said. It'll say on the clutch cover for sure. Please check that first, you added wayyyyyy too much bud. Good luck.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
since I dont have the manual, should I fill it where the clutch basket shows a little? any lower?I also just got back from riding and It would fall back in neutral in gears like 5 or 4 sometimes, but when it does happen I let of the throttle and it will go back into gear? has this happened to any body?

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
RM85rider123 said:
since I dont have the manual, should I fill it where the clutch basket shows a little? any lower?I also just got back from riding and It would fall back in neutral in gears like 5 or 4 sometimes, but when it does happen I let of the throttle and it will go back into gear? has this happened to any body?

Drain the oil and put the right amount in.

You have almost 4 times the recommended amount of oil in there, its no wonder your clutch isnt working right.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
RM85rider123 said:

No, since you don't have a manual, you should put the specified amount, 550ml, in it. :bang:

On the side of the oil bottle, there is graduations to measure how much oil you install. :nod:

As for the false neutrals, that is a different problem. :whoa: You are really going to need a manual for that!

Rotor

Top Bottom