Kx85boy

Oct 1, 2018
Hi people
I had a new piston put in my kawasaki kx 85 not sure on year was told its a 05/07 so ye I had a new piston fitted ran it for a while (did not ride). Took it to local quarry next day and it would not hit properly ran it for 10 minutes and it just died give it some kicks no luck so my friend on his rm 85 said try my spark plug so we tried it and it fired first kick an ran pretty nice for 10 minutes then I gave it back then later on threw the day we put it the plug back in my bike ran it for 20/30 minutes and all of a sudden I heard a tapping noise and the bike just died out got it home got a friend to have a look at my new piston what was only fitted less that 24 hour ago and it had loads of scratches and it looked like it had been hitting of the bottom of the plug also the bottom of the plug was squashed as it been hitting the bottom of the plug but it was built back together and it fired up with the same plug also the spark plug out of my mates rm85 was exact same as mine.
Anyone know why my piston has bashed of my spark plug please let me know.
Iv been told my piston is ok because its only the top and not the sides what's damaged.

Top Bottom