B

biglou

If you haven't seen the previous posts or had a chance to, everyone please take a minute to read about the intentions of having a local chapter.

Mission Statement here: Click!

Bylaws here: Click!

Thanks!:)

Jackyl

Apr 29, 2002
Hey man, I'm from KC too, and wondered about the Mid-West Chapter. What's it all about? Get together and ride? I usually go with my uncle to Finger Lakes and Chadwick...usually don't mess with Deepwater, Perry, etc. anymore. You know anywhere tracks, etc to ride locally? I hear there are a lot of private tracks north of the river here, but you have to know people. ;) I'd like to check a meet out or something sometime. Feel free to email me or whatever. Thanks man. I'd like to get more into the sport again...my uncle doesn't ride much anymore, so I haven't either....we usually only ride about 4 - 5 times a year anymore.

-AR

B

biglou

Jackyl-There are several of our group north of the river in the Liberty area. And there are several places to ride, but most are down south. I like Merwin. It is about 35 miles from me and I am in Belton. There is also Kingsville, which is track only (Merwin has trails), it is east of me by about 32 miles. If you want, Email me at lholt@ff-corp.com and we can get you on the kcriders email group. Most folks just send out an email when they are planning a ride. We also try to post in this forum every now and then! There are probably close to 45-50 of us on the kcriders list, and at least 20 of us ride nearly every weekend so there is always someone to ride with of all skill levels. Looks like MX for me this Sat night at kingsville. I also announce. If you're interested, come on out. I'll be the fat guy in the tower.:D

Also-Click the "Team NTAC" link in my sig line for a sub-group of the KCRiders, the "No-Talent Ass Clowns"!

Jackyl

Apr 29, 2002
Damn, can't get the NTAC site to come up right now, but I am interested. I'll email ya man, thanks. BTW, I work in Liberty.

-AR

Jackyl

Apr 29, 2002
Oh yeah, isn't "Merwin" near Adrian, MO? Like a pretty big track with some trails? I went one year in the winter when they first opened up. Called the Midwest Extreme Park. Appearently they were somehow associated with the track in Grain Valley, but something happened with that, and I've been told many times that the Extreme Park is closed, which is why their number quit working. ;) You guys checked out the track in St. Joe yet?

-AR

B

biglou

Merwin is definitely still open. I love the track there. Very open and fast. The trails are beginner friendly, too. Kingsville is more of a SX style track. I've been to Knobby Hill in St. Joe once. That is a pretty good haul for me, about 90 miles, but that is a fun track as well. Nothing death-defying there except that finish line single-to-table jump! Not this kid, ain't gonna do it!

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Hey can either of you two guys shed some light for me? I'm trying to find a place where the whole family can go. Now does St. Joe state park have trails and a track? I've also heard they have some kind of a sand riding area there as well. Is this the same St.Joe your talking about? Basically what I'm looking for is a place that has some trails, MX track (doesn't have to have killer jumps), friendly for a wife on a quad, well basicaaly everything I guess. I remember reading somewhere, that a place upstate had all this. But I can't remember for the life of me what it's called.

Thanks

B

biglou

Wraith-Knobby Hill MX is in "St. Joe", which is short for St. Joseph, a city just north of KC by about 60 miles. Over near St. Louis, there is a riding area called "St. Joe State Park". I think it is also officially known as St. Joseph. I don't know much about that place. If you want something closer that is family friendly, there is Merwin, MO. It is about 15 miles west of 71 hwy and about 45 miles south of KC. There is a track (no quads on the main MX track, though) and very basic kiddie, or practice track with some small jumps but no elevation changes (lots of cornering, though). And about 15-20 miles of woods trails with some fairly easy creek crossings and very small climbs that are optional. Compared to your neck of the woods, it's pretty tame stuff. But we do have real dirt! The track only gets groomed prior to races, so it gets pretty shiny and grooved after a week or two. If you are interested in checking it out, just let me know. Like we said in the other thread, there is a non-points team harescramble there next Sunday, the 28th. That should be a blast if you want to come up for that. Saturday will be open riding for track and trails. Cost is $8 per rider. Shoot me an Email if you want some more info. :)

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Lou,

Is there a web site for Merwin? I would like to get some more info on it. Is this a place where someone can camp, or is it just open every now and then? I need a place to go next Saturday, so any help is appreciated.

B

biglou

Wraith-There isn't an official site for Merwin. If you do a search, it shows the old owner's email and phone, so don't use it. The official name of the place is Midwest Extreme Park, located in Merwin, MO. RJ Wohlburg is the owner, cell # 816-456-7223. If you call him, tell him Louis sent you. The open practice days for the track/trails are Thur-Sun on non-race weekends. There is only a harescramble there about twice a year, so that isn't a big issue. (There is one next Sunday, the 28th, however). The trails will be open next Saturday, the day before the scramble. There isn't an MX race until September because RJ also owns Kingsville, MO's "Challenge Trax" and he runs all the county fair races, so Merwin really only sees MX in the Spring and Fall, with a few thrown in throughout the summer. On MX weekends, the trails are open, but the parking lot is really crowded and you kinda have to know your way around as some of the trails spit you out onto the MX track. That would be bad during an MX race!

There is a website that shows all of the coming week's MX races, and occasionally a harescramble for the local tracks, and some of the farther away ones. The site is www.hadenmx.com/ . Just note the actuall name of Merwin (Midwest Extreme Park), since that is how they are listed. You can also click the link to Email RJ if you have any questions. He usually answers emails within a day. Some weeks he is very busy and sometimes he camps at one of the tracks for the week of the race if he is prepping. Feel free to call him, or email him or me if you have any questions.

If you are going next Saturday, let me know and a few of us will meet you there, in my new truck, I hope! :)

mxchica19

Jan 25, 2004
you guys should check out my dads track in rolla. mmxp. :) :) Im riding there this weekend. Just look for the short brunette chick with a brand new kx. Im in college in central illinois so its rare I get to go to my home in rolla and our track in our backyard.

chrlyptbull

Apr 1, 2006
Also in kansas city and looking for people to ride with, have three rail trailer for hauling bikes, and dont know to many people that ride anymore, I love to ride just not by myself, also looking for a dirt ridders club around the area to maybe join thanks

Chuck

Billinin

Feb 21, 2007
Anybody know of any places in or around Fort Wayne Indiana area that have trails and or open gravel pits for goofing off in? I'm pretty much into any kind of riding ..I'm willing to go up to 80 miles or so to ride and meet up with others for riding fun....... wife gives me permission to play....lmao

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
looking for northern AR riding areas

ok fellas i may be in the wrong chapter im not sure but i was wondering if there was any place to ride close to mountain home AR im planing on moving there soon thanks for any info

HondaBrat

Jan 2, 2002
Did ya find out there is no place to ride near Mountain Home ,AR. Closest place I think is Chadwick by Springfield,MO

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
got rejected

biglou said:
If you haven't seen the previous posts or had a chance to, everyone please take a minute to read about the intentions of having a local chapter.

Mission Statement here: Click!

Bylaws here: Click!

Thanks!:)
I clicked on the bylaws and got a request to notify the web master (too old and stupid to know how to do that but I'm sure you are on to it)

Top Bottom