Dec 10, 2006
Here it goes.

Chapter 1

"Tenth place," Randy Baker said shaking his head, "Come on Chase, you looked like a little girl going through the whoops! And that triple before the finishline! Why weren't you doing it?"
I just sat their looking at his feet. I'm 14 years old, about 5'7 and
have light brown hair cut a little past my ears. I started riding when was
5 years old, and instantly loved it. I started racing soon after that.
After winning 13 races in a row on a 50 when I was 7, Randy, my dad, decided
to take me to the Las Vegas World mini's to see how I would do. I didn't
do that well, which didnt make randy very happy, But he kept coaching me and I kept getting better. The next year on a 65 I qualified for Loretta Lynn's amateur National. I took 5th and 4th. This did make My dad happy. Right now were at Oak Hill Amateur National in texas, where I just got 10th out of 40 people in the last moto of schoolboy on sunday. "I did my best," I told him. "If you had done your best, you would be atleast in the top five." He told me shaking his head again. The week before at Lake Whitney National, I got 7th in supermini, 12th in schoolboy and 11th in 125 open. "Well I'll go get your bikes loaded up and we'll get out of here." Randy said. It was sunday and I was the last moto of the day. Odd's were, we'd probably spend 2-3 hours in line with our mediocre motorhome/toyhauler, since there were thousands of people here.
We live in a town called Lencaster, oregon. It's about two thousand miles from where we are in texas right now. I am going to sleep the whole time so I dont have to listen to my dad tell me what i did wrong in the last two weeks of racing.
Dont get me wrong. I love my dad, but he doesnt take it well when I dont do fantastic at racing. My mom's the one who gets me through all of it. She encourages me and tells me I did good no matter what place I get. She should, considiring I am about 12th in the united states on a supermini.
My older sister, Chelsea, walked up and gave me a hug. “It’s okay. You did great.”
Chelsea and I are really close. She’s 15, a year older than me and is a grade above me, so there isn’t a lot of age difference. We’ve never really fought with each other. We hang out a lot, since most of her friends are my friends too. If I ever need help with anything, she’s always there for me. I threw my gear in the garage in the back of the motorhome. My dad had all 3 of my KTM's loaded in the back and was shutting the door. I walked inside and was immediately ready to take a nap. I laid down in one of the two bunkbeds and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and walked up to the passenger’s seat and sat down. My mom was driving, having switched off with my dad a few hours earlier. I picked up my cell phone and looked at my many unread text messages. I quickly scimmed through them. Most of them were asking if I was going to the big party Wednesday night at Kasey Richardson’s house. I was momentarily confused. Why would they have a party on a school night? Then I remembered that it was spring break.
“Yes!” I said outloud.
“What?” my mom asked.
“I’d forgotten it was spring break, now I don’t have to go back to school!” I explained.
Im a freshmen at Lancaster High, where I get a 4.0 average. That’s my mom’s requirement for my racing, but I know if I didn’t get a 4.0, then my dad would talk her into letting me race.
Strangely most of my friends don’t race. Some do, but most just watch or know nothing about motocross. I would rather it be that way, since that’s all we ever talk about or do at my house, I sometimes get tired of it.
My house sits a little out of town, where we have two large tracks. The first one is long and rough, the other one is tighter and smoother.
Don’t get me wrong, just because we have a motorhome and tracks at our house, doesn’t mean were rich. We used to struggle for money to get to nationals. My dad always wished that I would be good enough someday that we wouldn’t have to pay for racing at all. Now I have enough sponsors that, we basically don’t pay for much. So that helps a lot.

I spent most of the next two days, playing video games, talking to Chelsea, sleeping, and doing homework, which I have quite a lot of, having just missed a week and a half of school.
We pulled into our driveway at about 4:30 PM Wednesday afternoon. My mom, Chelsea and I started unloading the motorhome, while my dad unloaded the bikes. He has his own special procedure of washing and cleaning the bikes after races. We spend so much time in our motorhome, that we leave most of the food and clothes in there, so it only took us about 15 minutes to unload.
“What are you gonna do tonight Chase?” Asked my mom.
“Theres a party at Kasey Richardson’s house at six tonight.” I causually told her, “I’ll be home at midnight,”
“Sounds good,” she said, but then she realized what she was agreeing to. “Wait! You’ll be home at ten thirty.”
“Eleven,” I bargained.
“Ok fine,” she agreed. This is one of the good thing about my mom. She isn’t very strict, and I can do basically anything I want most of time.
“Hey Chelsea, are you gonna go?” I asked my sister.
“Yeah probably,” She answered.
I ran up to my room to pick out what I was going to wear. Something you need to know about me is that I’m obsessed with clothes I wear. I spend all my allowance on clothes.
My friends think that I’m weird for that, but I don’t care. I picked out a Hollister shirt and a pair of jeans. After I was done changing I walked down to the living room and saw my best friend Ryan sitting on the couch. If you looked at ryan, you would think he would be a punk. He wears tight jeans, baggy t-shirts with band names on them, and has shaggy hair. But then you get to know him and find out that he isn’t. He’s been my best friend since first grade, so my parents are used to it.
“Hey lets go ride bike’s before Kasey’s party,” Ryan said after I sat down. BMX biking is basiacally the only thing that im good at other than motocross and Guitar Hero.
“Sounds good. Do you wanna go to the skatepark?” I asked.
“yeah lets go.” We headed out the door and to the garage, where I got my bike. We pedaled off in the direction of the skate park. As we rode, Ryan talked to me about what had happened the last week at school.
“I got an A on a geometry test,” Ryan told me, “My parents were really happy.”
“That’s good,” I said.
“Yeah but then I told them about how I failed that English quiz,” Ryan said. I laughed. “Yeah, and at movie night last week, we watched this horror movie, It was the scariest movie I’ve ever seen.”
Almost every Friday night through the school year, Me, ryan and about 10 other friends go to someones house and watch movies. Although I do have to miss it a lot since were usually on our way to a race on fridays.
We arrived at the skate park and started riding. Ryan doesn’t race, but he is really good at bmx. Im good, but not even close to as good as he is. We rode for about half an hour, and then sat down in the grass. I looked at the clock on my phone. It said that it was 6:00 “We better head out,” I said. Ryan agreed. We hopped on our bikes and headed for Kasey’s house. Kasey’s a sophomore who throws a couple partys a year. Mostly only freshmen and sophomores go. Her house is big, and has a swimming pool, but since it’s halfway through march no one would be swimming.
It took about twenty minutes to get there. The door was open so we walked inside. There was already quite a few people there. The music wasn’t as loud as it would be later though. I headed toward the kitchen to get some food, as I hadn’t eaten dinner yet. I started chowin down on some chips.
“you’re dad wouldn’t like it if he saw you eating like that,” said a girl named Katie. She was one of my best friends, but nothing more.
“Yeah well he’s not here,” I said, with chips in my mouth.
She laughed and said, “You did pretty good down in texas,”
“I did okay,” I said.
“Well I might go down to Loretta Lynn’s if Britta’s brother make’s it.” Katie told me.
“Nice,” I said, “is Britta here?” I asked.
“Yeah, why?” She asked smiling. I shrugged. Britta was an extremely pretty freshmen girl. She’s the kind of girl that every guy like’s, but will never be able to date because she’s too good for them.
“Just wondering,” I said.
“right,” She said sarcastically.
I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.
“Chase,” I looked around and saw Hailey Brooks. “Good job in texas,”
“Thanks,” I said. Hailey isn’t really like other popular prissy girls. She’s a lot more easy going and funny, and in my point of view, prettier. Nothing’s ever gone on between us since she only moved here at the beginning of the year. Her parents are pretty strict, and wont let her have boyfriends.
“We saw you in some of the videos of Oak Hill that were on the internet,” Hailey informed me.
“Oh really, I didn’t think I was good enough to be in those,” I said, “Or atleast my dad says.”
She rolled her eyes. “Don’t you listen to him. I think that you did great,”
This made me feel better. “So whos house are we at for movie night on Friday?” I asked.
“Your house I think,” She replied.
I groaned, “My house is boring. We should have it at your house,”
“My parents said that we cant have it at our house any more after what happened last time.” She said.
“Oh yeah,” I remembered. Earlier in the year, when whe had it at haileys house, Jake powell had kissed Kacie Mort.
“I guess my house will be alright.” I gave in. I spotted Chelsea and called out to her, “Hey Chels, do you care if we have movie night at our house?”
“Yeah, I thought that’s what we doing anyway?” She replied.
“I guess,” I replied. I had been hoping that she had not wanted to. I just didn’t want my dad to come in and start talking about motocross or how I did bad at Oak Hill or something.
“You’re not racing anywhere this weekend?”
“No I just raced for two weeks straight im so tired, the last thing I want to do is drive down to Caliifornia and ride, then drive back, then go to school.” I answered. I sat back on the couch and closed my eyes. “Im soo tired, even though I’ve slept the past two days.”
“Don’t sleep now the partys just starting,”

I was walking home with Hailey, having just spent the last 4 hours, dancing, eating and talking. I think that things are going good between me and hailey, because when I offered to walk her home, she had smiled and agreed.
“So how are you parents going to feel about you not getting home until this late?” I asked.
“What time is it?” she checked her phone, “Uhh, I was supposed to home at 10 and it’s almost 11. How about you parents?”
“I doubt that they’re even still awake,” I said. We walked in silence for a couple of minutes until we reached her house.
“Goodnight,” I said.
“Thanks for walking me home,” She said and hugged me.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Nice style DB_F.

This one looks to be as much fun as the last one. Don't scrimp on the racing sequences.

Let the heckling for the next chapter begin! ;) :cool:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
OMG!!!! I think Chase left his bike at Kasey's house. :yikes: :nener:

Good job yet again! :cool: You do realize what you're starting, right? ;)

Dec 10, 2006
Chapter 2

When Hailey walked inside, I started heading home. I had been walking a few minutes, then I remembered I had left my bike back at Kasey’s house. I doubled back to the house to grab my bike. There were still a few people there, but not as many. I started riding home. It was about a ten minute ride. The door was locked so I grabbed the key from under the doormat and opened it. I quietly walked up to my room and shut the door. I lay down in bed and thought about the party and walking Hailey home, but I was disrupted by Chelsea opening the door and sitting down on my bed.
“What took you so long?” She asked.
I shrugged, “I walked Hailey home, that’s all.”
A smile creeped onto Chelsea’s face. “So what happened?”
“Nothing, she just hugged and I left,” I answered.
“Well don’t get to attached, if her parents even knew that you two hugged, she wouldn't be allowed to even look at you,” Chelsea informed me. Chelsea and Hailey are pretty good friends, and she has told me about how strict her parents are.
“Yeah well they need to lighten up,” I answered.
“You need to get some sleep,” Chelsea told me. “Did dad tell you that Colby O’brien is coming over to ride for a few days?”
“No,” I groaned “He’s the last person I want to ride with.”
Colby O’brien was a boy the same age as me who lives in California. His dad and my dad are friends, so he comes over to ride my track sometimes. The problem is that he think’s he is way faster than me, and will never shut up about it, even though it’s not true. Whenever he goes to nationals, he’s lucky if he even finishes top 20. I shook my head. I was not looking forward to the weekend.

The next morning I woke up, spent 10 minutes deciding what to wear, then walked down stairs. My mom was already at work, but my dad was sitting at the table reading the paper. I sat down next to him.
“Is Colby O’brien coming over to ride?” I asked.
“Yeah, they called and asked if they could,” My dad said not looking up from the paper.
“Well atleast they don’t invite themselve’s,” I commented sarcastically.
My dad put down the paper and said, “I know you don’t like Colby, but his dad and I have been friends for a long time. I think you can put up with him for a couple of days,”
“Yeah I guess,” I said, “I’m gonna go over to Ryan’s house, I’ll be home later.” I went to get my bike and headed toward Ryan’s house.
When I got there I walked inside and toward the kitchen. His mom is an amazing cook so I was just going to eat breakfast here.
“Chase, your just in time for breakfast,” Said Ryans mom.
“alright,” I sat down next to Ryan and started chowin’ down on some bacon and eggs.
After a few minutes, Ryan’s mom said, “Alright boy’s I have to go to work, be good,”
“So what do you wanna do today?” Ryan asked.
“I guess go to the skatepark,” I replied, “There’s no where else to go.” Just then my cell phone rang. I looked at my caller ID. It was hailey. I felt a couple butterflies in my stomache.
“Hello?”
“Hey what’s up?” She asked.
“Not much, Im just over at ryans house.”
“Oh,” She said, “Some other people and me are going to the mall later, and then maybe hitting a movie. Do you and Ryan wanna come?”
“Yes,” I said a little too quickly. “I mean yeah that’s alright,”
“Ok be there at 12,” She said.
“Ok.” We hung up.
“Who was that?” Ryan asked.
‘It was hailey, we're going to the mall at twelve,” I informed him.
“Where did you go with her last night?” Ryan asked.
“I just walked home with her,” I answered.
“Did you kiss her?”
“No of course not,” I answered.
“I’m just saying that’s what I would of done,” He said. Ryan has a different girlfriend abut every other week. “Do you like her,”
“No,” Ryan raised his eyebrows.
“Maybe a little,” I answered.
“I thought you liked Britta.” Cody asked.
“I do kinda,” I said, “Lets just go to the skatepark,”

An hour later, we left the skate park and started riding towards the mall.
“I need some new clothes,” I said.
Ryan rolled his eyes, “You and your clothes.”
We locked our bikes up at the bike rack, then walked Inside the mall. We found Hailey, and 4 other girls and 3 other guys there. The girls included Britta, who smiled at Chase.
“Hey guys,” I said.
“You ready?” Britta asked.
“Yeah,” We replied. I walked beside Hailey and Britta, occaisionally going into a store. When we reached the clothes shops like Hollister, Abercrombie, and American eagle, I went into each of them to buy some clothes, as did most of the girls. I wanted to ask Hailey if she wanted me to carry her bags, but something about Ryan standing there made me not.
After an hour, we had visited most of the shops. “Are we going to see a movie?”
“yeah sure,” Said Hailey. We all walked over to the movie theatre section. WE debated on what movie to see. Ryan, Britta and a boy named Cody wanted to see a comedy, Hailey, a boy named Devin and another named Tyler, and I wanted to see an action movie. Us having more people, we went to see the action one. I conveniently sat between Brita and Hailey. About halfway through the movie, I decided that it would be a good idea to put my arm around one of them, but the problem was that I couldn’t decide which girl. They’re both really pretty and smart and funny. So I just decided not to do it.

When the movie got over, every one left except for me and Hailey, who started walking towards the parking lot where Hailey’s mom was waiting to pick her up.
“I had a good time with you today Chase,” Hailey said.
“I had a great time with you too,” I replied. For a moment I thought that we were going to kiss, but then the sensation passed and I just hugged her. I shook my head. ‘Why didn’t I put my arm around her?’ I asked myself, ‘I’m so stupid’
I was starting to feel better since I remembered that I would have a chance to at movie night, but then I remembered that Colby O’brien would be arriving the next day and my good mood went down the drain.

The next morning I woke to the ringing of the doorbell. I groaned. It was most likely Colby and his dad. I got up, dressed and headed down stairs. My dad, Colby and his dad were sitting at the kitchen table.
“Hey Colby,” I said, not too excitedly.
“Hey, you ready to ride?” He asked.
“As ready as I’ll be,” I answered. We headed out to the garage where they parked their trailer and truck. His YZ125, 250F and supermini were sitting on stands. I went into the garage, and found some gear, and dressed. After that I walked outside where my dad was warming up my 125.
“Which track do you want to ride?” I asked.
“The long one,” He answered. I got on my bike and he got on his. We headed out behind the house and onto the track. I didn’t take any warm up laps, I just started hitting every jump.
Over a big triple, skim a section of whoops, through a rutted corner and over the biggest jump on the track, a 100 foot table top. It’s impossible on anything smaller than a 125, and it’s still hard on one of those. I went through the corner in 2nd, shift to 3rd, then 4th and seat bounce the heck out of it, and barely made it. Colby was pretty far behind me and couldn’t catch up.
After 20 minutes, I pulled off to the side of the track, and so did Colby.
“Man, it doesn’t look like you’re keeping up, how come?” I asked smirking.
“Well it’s because this is your track and you ride here all the time,” He said.
“Oh well I’ll give you a head start then,” I answered. I let him go about ten seconds ahead of me, then started after him. I railed the outside of all the corners and held the gas on through the straight-aways for about a lap and a half before I caught up to him. In a corner, I dived to the inside and passed Colby, then lightly scrubbed the next double, then headed back to the garage to take a break.
After we got our helmets and jerseys off, Colby came over to me and said, “Chase, when you scrub, try to lay the bike over more on the face of the jump,” He told me.
“Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind,” I said rolling my eyes. I walked inside muttering about him telling me how to ride.
“How is it?” Asked Chelsea.
“Ok I guess, but he’s trying to tell me how to ride,” I answered.
“Just ignore him, you could whip his butt any day,” She answered.
“Yeah,” I changed the subject, “How come you’re not out with our friends?”
“Well Hailey and Britta are coming over to help set up for movie,” She answered,
“What!? I forgot about movie night. Colby is gonna have to be with me in front of the two girls I like most!” I moaned.
“Don’t worry,” Chelsea said, “I don’t think you need to impress Hailey much anyway,”
“But what about Britta?” I asked.
“You need to decide which one you’re going for and do it,” Chelsea said.
“Your right,” I said.
Chelsea looked at me. “So who is it gonna be?”
“I have no idea!”

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
I'll try to shake db-f out of the shadows to answer for himself..... He is still writing. Got sidetracked by driver's licenses, riding, hockey, girls, etc. All that high school stuff. Had a couple other works under way, and (speculating) lost focus on this one. I have it on good faith he can "finish it any ole time". lol.

An author without a deadline....

Top Bottom