Dec 10, 2006
final chapter is up!

Okay so I was bored today so I decided to write a dirtbike story. Here goes Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Mark grimaced as his CR85s wheels touched the ground on the finish line jump at Goldendale raceway in Goldendale Californa.
"And Mark peterson finishes fourth" Mark heard the anouncer say. Mark came to a stop in front of his Dad and Brother, where he handed his bike off to his dad.
" I cant belive that scumb bag Chris Marvo won again!" Mark said angrily. Mark had been in first for the first 4 laps in the the 80A class but on the last lap, 3 corners the finish line,Chris Marvo had tried to pass him and his back wheel hit Marks front wheel, making him fall. Mark had scrambled to his feet and got his bike started again and finished 4th.
"I know" Marks brother Tim said "He is such a jerk, If hes gonna pass, he needs to stay farther away, not come in and hug you"
"Well you ran a good race son" Mr.peterson said " Nextime I'm sure you'll do better." Marks dad had raced when he was younger, but now he was just a pit board hoalder/ Mechanic for his three Motocross racing sons. "We better get your bike back to the trailer"
They walked to their enclosed trailer and put marks bike on a stand.
"Nice race honey, are you okay from that fall you took?" Mrs peterson asked.
"I'm fine mom" Mark said "It wasn't even a hard fall." Mark and Tim walked to the stands to watch their younger brother, Carson, In the Final moto of 65B.

Twenty Minutes later Mark pushed his little brothers bike back to the pits. Carson had finished third. Marks mom was hugging carson since it was the best finish he had ever had. The kids loaded thir bikes into the trailer and then got in the backseat of the truck.
The ride home was about 4 hours so By the time they got home it was 8:30 so Mrs.peterson put carson to bed while Mark and Tim took a shower. At 10:00 Mark went to bed not wanting to go to school the next day.

"How'd the race go yesterday?" Asked Marks best friend Nick when he got to school the next morning
"Crummy" Mark said.
"what happened?" Nick said. Mark told Nick all about Chris Marvo hitting him.
"What an idiot" Nick said
"You're tellin me"

Marks first few classes went by fairly fast. At lunch several peopl who had been at goldendale raceway told mark nice job at the race. Marks school was filled with kids who rode and raced dirtbikes. All the MX kids sat by each other at lunch. Together there were around 30 kids who rode in the 7th grade.
"Hey Mark, are you doing the race at Chadale MX park this weekend? A boy named Kenny asked "Its their first race of the year"
"Yeah, I think I probably will" Mark said " I bet Chris Marvo will be there. Then I can beat him"

Sure enough as the weekend rolled around Mark saw Chris Marvo walking the the track with his dad saturday morning before the races.
"I'm gonna beat that punk today" Mark said as he lifted his bike onto a stand.
"Just race smart and you'll finish on the podium" Marks dad told him. Mark and his brothers all walked the track, looking at the changes the tracks had made since last year. Then they headed off to the riders meeting. The race organizer talked about the practice order and all that stuff.

Marks qualifier was the fourth race of the morning. He pushed his bike to behind the gates. All the riders in heat number1 of 85A drew out of a hat to see what gate they were in. Mark drew a peice of paper with a Number 6 on it. He counted out to the sixth gate and pushed his bike to the gate.

"Good luck" A boy next to Mark said. Mark looked at him and realized it was Drake Thomas, A very fast rider who Mark had never raced against since he raced 85B They year before.

"Good luck to you too" Mark said.
The race Before 85A had ended and the card holder was pointing at everyone to see if they were ready. Mark got his head over the handle bars. The card was up. the card was sideways! The gate dropped. Mark pinned the throttle, leaning forward. He was infront but out of nowhere someone got in front of him. It was drake. They came around the first turn. Drake had gottten the holeshot, mark was in second.
Mark was still in second as he came across the finish line jump. It was just the qualifier to get into the main so mark had not tried to pass drake.
Half an hour later Mark was sitting under there awning changing his air filter when Chris Marvo walked up to Mark.

"Hey looser, I see you made it to the Main" Chris said through his yellow teeth "I guess that means Im gonna have to whip your butt in the race again"
Mark felt anger in side of him but couldn't think of a comback, so he just continued putting the air filter in.

"Get lost Chris" Tim said as he walked up.

Mark was getting butterflies in his stomache as The 30 second card turned sideways and the gate dropped. Mark hit the gas. He saw chris come around the first corner. Chris got the holeshot but Mark was on his tail. Mark remained in second behind chris until the 4th lap where he saw a perfect chance to cut him off and take the lead.
Mark pinned it and cut off chris! He was in the lead. Just one more lap! He kept going in first for the next lap. A few corners before the finish line chris tried to pass Mark for the lead but didn't suceed. Mark felt Chris on his tail. He looked ahead to the next jump. It was a big tripple into a corner. No one in the 85A Class had Trippled it yet, they just doubled it, but Mark had to if he wanted to win. he increased his speed a little! He hit the jump. The ground looked along way away from where Mark was. He came down on the landing and Hit the breaks to slow down for the corner. He looked ahead and there it was. The finish line jump.
Mark did small whip across the finishline jump.
Mark High fived his brother and his dad. They expected him to go say something to Chris but he just gave his bike to his dad ad started walking towards the pits.

After he got his gear off he sat down in a chair under the awning.
"Nice race Mark" Mark loooked to see who had said it and saw a fairly short man with brown hair.
"Thanks" Mark said not knowing the man
"My name is Jordan Styner, Manager of TPA Racing team." Jordan said
"Nice to meet you Mr.Styner" Mark said politely.
"Call Me jordan" Jordan said "That was a very nice race you rode out there. I think you should consider joining The TPA racing team as our 85 Rider."
Mark stared at Jordan Styner. Mark had a few sponsors but none as big as a racing team.
"Are you serious?" Mark asked amazed.
"Dead serious" Jordan said grinning."What do you say?"
" Uhh, Im gonna have to talk it over with my dad" Said Mark still staring at jordan.
"Call me" said jordan handing Him a card.

Okay That was chapter 1 guys. tell me what you think :)

Last edited:

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
Good Job :cool: What happens next?
Ken

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I think it pretty good. When are you posting the next chapter?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Keep it up :cool:

Dec 10, 2006
Alright heres chapter 2. It's pretty short and not much action but there will be plenty next chapter.

Chapter 2

DING DONG. Mark went to answer the door. He opened the door but no one was there. He looked down and saw a box adressed to him. 'mustve been the FedEx guy' thought Mark. Mark grapped the pacakge eagerly, he didn't get boxes very often. When inside he grabbed the scissors and sliced the tape. On the top there was a red sweatshirt that had the TPA Racing logo on it. Mark turned it over and saw his name and number,83, printed on the back.

"sweet" Mark said enthusiasticly.
It had been 2 weeks since he had talked to his dad and called Jordan Styner back and told him he would join the team.

Under the sweatshirt there were all kinds of TPA Racing stuff. Jerseys With his name on them, Pants, Graphic kits, Pre-printed numbers, boots. Marks eves were as big as saucers after he finished looking at all the stuff that TPA had given him.
Just then Marks brother Tim who raced 125B walked in
"What's all that stuff?" Tim asked. Mark showed him all the customized jerseys and stuff." You're a spoiled little kid you know that?" Tim said,
"You're just mad because you didn't get Any of this cool stuff" Mark said.

At dinner Marks dad said " I jot a call from Jordan today. He says that the whole TPA Team is going on a tour of all the USMXN series races."
"What are the USMXN races?" Marks asked.
"Well since we're in californa you will be doing 4 races in the southwest. But the Northwest, The northeast And the Southeast all do five races. Then after all four parts of the United states do the first 4 races then the southwest and the northwest do 3 races together, and the souteast and the northeast do 3 races together. Then after those 3 races, all the US does 4 races together. And its all in points, so thats why you are doing most of the races instead of just a couple. So you can get the most points." Mr.Peterson explaned.
"Thats confusing" Carson said
"Not if you think about it" Said Mark "When do we leave?"
"Wednsday of next week" Marks father said "The race is next saturday In LA. Once you get there I think you do stuff around town until friday night."
"Cool" mark said.

Mark was so ecxited about going on tour with TPA Racing he packed all his clothes that night.
"Whatre you doing?" Mrs.Peterson asked as she came into Marks room.
"Packing my stuff." Mark told her.
"You're not leaving for a week and a half" said Mrs.Peterson.

"Oh well, I want to be ready" MArk said.
"I can see you're excited" Mrs.Peterson said "Arent you worried about being gone from your family for so long?"
"Uhh" Mark said "Not if I'll be riding motorcycles"
"We're going to miss you"
" Relax mom, I'm not leaving for a week and a half"

That week and a half was the fastest week of marks life. Before He knew it he was loading his bike onto the TPA Racing Semi truck.

"Hey Mark come over here and meet the other Team members" Called Jordan Styner. Mark Walked over to where the rest of the team was standing. "Mark this is out 250 rider Kasey Browne" Kasey was a buff Browne haired Guy,
"Nice to meet you mark" Kasey said as they shook hands.
"And this is our 125 rider Matt Smith" Matt was a tall Dirty blonde kid who couldn't be over 17.
"How're you doing?" Matt asked
"Pretty Good, thanks" Mark replied.
"And Last but not least This is our 65 rider keenan" Jordan said.
Mark and keenan high fived. They knew each other, keenan was marks brothers best friend.

"Well we better get going" Jordan said gesturing to a large van that they would be traveling in.

Marks mother kissed him on the cheek and he hugged the rest of his family.

Marks jaw drobbed as he climbed in the second row of the van. It was the nicest van he had ever seen. From the outside it looked ordanary, but on the inside it looked like paradise. There was a DVD player with playstation, Xbox, and gamecube. There was also all leather seats, a fridge inbetween the front seats.
"I could get used to this" Mark said

There you guys go. Tell me if you want a chapter 3 or not.

Dec 10, 2006
Uh no But I think I'm gonna turn it in to my english teacher for extra cridit. I just wrote the first chapter because I was bored but now I like it and want to coininue it.

Dec 10, 2006
Heres chapter 3 !

Chapter 3

For most of the van ride to LA, Mark spent playing video games, sleeping and reading motocross magazines.
When they drove up at the hotel Matt shook Mark awake.
"Are we there?" Mark asked sleepily
"Yep" Jordan said "We've already got the rooms booked."
"Do we get our own rooms?" Kasey asked hopefully.
"We booked a room with three beds in it. You boys will sleep in that." Jordan said.
"Dibs on sleeping by my self" Kasey said
"Me too" Matt said. Mark looked at keenan.
"you dont wet the bed anymore do you?" Mark said nervously
"Yeah right. Im 9 years old. 9 year olds dont wet the bed" Kennan said "What a dumb question"
My brother still does sometimes" Mark laughed.

They checked in at the front qounter and then took their sutcases up to the room. Sure enought there was only three beds. Mark Threw his Sutecase on one.
"Whens dinner?" Asked Matt.
"soon I hope" Mark said. "I could use some pizza"
"Same here" Kasey said. After they found jordan, he agreed they could go to a pizza parlor.
After they had eaten and were walking out of the pizza place Mark saw a dirtbike shop.
"Lets go over to that bike shop" Mark told the others. They walked over there and walked in.
"Whoa! Theres the new CRF150R!" Mark exclaimed " I just read an article about that bike today. He ran over and sat on it. "This thing is awesome"
"GET OFF OF THERE YOU KID" A man shouted. Mark hurriedly jumped off.
"Why?" Keenan asked.
" Because I don't like naughty little boys tipping over my motorcycles and then who has to pick them up? Me!" The Manager said grumpily.
"I've ridden a Dirt Bike before, it's not like I thought this was a playground." Mark snapped.
"Oh yes I'm sure you're friend let you ride one once, but that doesn't make you and expert about them." Mark opened his mouth to retort but Jordan put his hand on his shoulder
And said "Come on Mark lets go back to the van"

The next morning when mark woke up he saw everyones bed empty. He got dressed and walked down to the hotel restauraunt, where he saw the team sitting eating. Mark went over and sat down.
"You're finally awake." Kennan said
" I like to sleep in" Mark said. A waitress walked up and asked him what he would like to eat. He ordered Eggs and ham. "What are we doing today?" Mark asked Jordan who was reading the newspaper.
"I thought that we would go down to a track to practice at." Jordan said.
"The tracks that that the races are at?" Matt asked.
"No theyre not open till the race day" Jordan answered, Folding up the newspaper.

When they Got to the track they unloaded their bikes. There were some other kids at the track looking at The TPA semi, wondering if it was really the TPA racing team. Mark put his bike on a stand. Then he went to get his gear on. He took his first couple laps around the track pretty slow. He could see the other kids laughing at him seeing how slow he was riding after he had just unloaded from a TPA Racing Team semi. On his third lap he sped up. The tracks was A safe but fun track with huge table tops and huge whoops. The kids stopped laughing as Mark launched Across a huge tripple that half of the 250 guys weren't doing.
Mark kept riding for around 15 minutes then went to get a drink. A boy wering blue riding gear walked up to Mark.
"Are you like sponsored By TPA Racing?" The boy asked.
"Uhh yea" Mark said.
"Well you're not very good." The boy said "I saw you unloading from the TPA Racing truck and thought you would be really fast, but I could really whip you in a race easily"
Mark was surprised by how rude the boy was.
"You could Beat me huh? Are you racing The USMXN Series?" Mark said back to the rude kid.
"Duh! With my talent it would be a waste not to"
Mark snorted. "Okay then. We'll find out who's better day after tommorow then." Mark told him. Mark put his helmet on, pulled his bike of the stand and started it up. He saw the rude kid do the same and say that his name on his number plates. His name was Blake Gopy. 'What kind of a lasty name is Gopy?' Thought Mark.

For the rest of the day jordan held his pit board showing the team their lap times as the came across the finish line jump. Marks lap times steadily improved.

The team spent The first half of the next day in the gym, then went out and cruised around town looking at the shops. Mark was starting to get nervouse as he thought of the next day when he would race. Mark bought himself a couple of cd's, a new hat and a cool watch in town the day before the race to get his mind off the following day.

The TPA team loaded in the van the next morning at 5:30 A.M. Mark and Matt seemed to be the only one nervouse. Matt because it was his first year racing A class. And Mark because he didn't want Blake Gopy to beat him.

After the team unloaded there bikes and put up the awning they went to the riders meeting. 85 practice was second.
During practice Mark glimsped Blake Gopy. He was looking pretty fast.
The gate dropped in Heat 1 of 85A. Mark was 2 gates away from Blake gopy. Mark saw blake moving over on him! He tried to cut mark off but instead hit him! Mark fell! Muttering a few well chosen words that his mom would not have aproved of, mark got up. He managed to finish 1 spot behind a qualifying spot. He would hae to go to the LCQ! Both Matt and Kasey one their heat races and Keenan finished second.
Mark was lined up for the LCQ. The gate dropped! Mark got the holeshot and easily won the LCQ.
The Main was 2 races after the LCQ. Mark was happy to see that he was over 8 gates away from Blake Gopy.
The card was up! It turned sideways! The gates dropped! Mark was out in front but Blake came out of nohwhere and took the holeshot. Mak and Blake exchanged places for half the race! They were neck and neck the last corner of the race. They were about 300 yards from the finish line jump. Blake accelarated and bumbed into mark causing him to slow down. mark accelarated thought they were neck and neck again!

Cliffhanger!

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Why'd you end it right before the finish line jump?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Cool story!

Dec 10, 2006
Moose said:
Because he's going to crash after the jump and break a femur. I got insider info. ;)

Oh great now I have to change it since you told everyone ;) Just kidding. Im glad everyone likes it. I'll start on chapter 4 right now :)

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
dirtbike_FREAK just got home today so it will probably be posted tommorow/

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
chapter 2 is already up

Top Bottom