PLEASE READ!! YOUNG TED del SOLAR's BIRTHDAY TODAY

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I gotta make this real quick. While riding with Young Ted today he let that cat out of the bag that TODAY is his Birthday!! He is waiting for me to show him to his night lodging and has NO idea that I am on here doing this!! PLEASE join me in congratulating Ted by signing this post with a well wish!! We are riding tommorrow (Monday the 5th) so Ted will not see this until Tuesday!! PLEASE call all your friends and let them know that this opportunity is here!!
Connie - Ted told me that you let him come up here for this special occasion knowing what it meant to him to be riding - HE IS HAVING A BALL!!! THANK YOU!!!
Oh yea, Hey Ted - HAPPY 76th and GREAT WISHES FOR MANY MORE TO COME!!!!
Woodsy

Attachments

• Mar30174.JPG
    Mar30174.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 185

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Happy 76th (!!) Ted, see ya on the trail and at Rose lawn in a few weeks. :thumb:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED!!! THANKS FOR COMING AND RIDING WITH US TODAY. I HAD AN ABSOLUTE BLAST, AND CAN'T WAIT TO BE ABLE TO RIDE WITH YOU AGAIN! :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED!!! :)

Sparkey

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Happy Birthday Ted!
What a role model have full riding & keeeping Woodsy in his place.
Don

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
To help celebrate Ted's 76th birthday, we dug into the family archives and found a couple early photos from 1928. Although dormant for decades, the riding bug was set at a very young age.

The first shot is of Ted (Teddy) around 10 months old, studying the shift pattern of his Mom's Harley Davidson.

The second is Teddy's mom, Aunt Bessy del Solar, and Young Ted. Evidently even baby boys wore dresses back then, and suspect that Ted has since outgrown the custom.

Side note: My son has that copy of Trail Rider Magazine propped up on his dresser, a few feet away from a poster of Ricky Carmichael laying down a mean whip. Same league in his eyes....

Keep on riding Ted.... :thumb:

Attachments

• TedOnBike (Custom).jpg
    TedOnBike (Custom).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 188
  • TedWithMom (Custom).jpg
    TedWithMom (Custom).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 177

dnrtheil

Mar 18, 2003
Happy Birthday Young Ted!! Thanks for inviting me to ride with you on Sunday, had a great ride despite my sticking throttle.

See you in the woods, Derek

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Hey Derek, glad you made it yesterday, and good to see you posting! I hope to see you on the trails again soon!

Let me know what you find on your carburetor, that was a little "challenging" for you yesterday with the sticking throttle wasn't it? :eek:

"Father Nelson", I hope you enjoyed your ride again today. I was beat just from yesterday, I don't know how you and Woodsy get the energy for two days in a row!

Last edited:

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Happy Birthday!! I can only hope I am still roosting when I am that "young"!!! :thumb:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Happy Birthday !

Curtis

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
ttt

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I returned home this morning at 6:45 and am trying to get back on track. There isn’t much time as Thursday night I head for Baldwin for two days of maintenance on the two “O’s” loops.
Through moist eyes I give thanks to all of you for the pleasing words, the support and the laughs. This is what fuel for the engine of life is all about.
Bill – For one who keeps mud off the fender, you are a very clever dog. All the time I though you were smitting behind the tree, you were actually hacking into my picture files. One correction – True I did wear dresses in those days but have not outgrown them. I wore a cassock when I earned money as a choir boy and later as a crucifer. Still do so now as Father Nelson.
My guess is that someone would like to know what the secret is of my stamina or what have you. Don’t ask, for here is the answer. Father Nelson never discusses personal matters.
To those who wonder about the connection with Woodsy. Come ride Woodsy’s Delight and hear it from the master himself.

Top Bottom