Please wlecome me to the KTM family!

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
I'm relatively new to 2 strokes, got my first about a month ago, the 99 CR125. It is virgin, and will need a new top end and fork serviced before to long. Thinking about the down time (I know those items shouldn't take long at all),I was scoping out a second bike. I ended up buying a 99 300 MXC. I'm pretty sure my CR125 is now the second bike. I've had the MXC all of about 4 days now and absolutely love it! The power is very addictive.

I cannot coment one way or another as to the reliability of either one, they both run good and start easy. I can just tell the 300, while never having the engine torn apart, has loads more compression and still seems really tight.

I was having a harder time turning with this bike until I set the COMP and REB back to standard settings, which help a bunch. Thank goodness for factory settings, I'm not experienced enough to fine tune a suspension.

Just wanted to let evyone know I've been a Honda guy all my life, always will be, but this KTM is awesome :nod:

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
I road most of the day Sunday and Monday, mostly on the KTM. What a great bike, and never a bit of trouble other than to much weight on the handle bars on one of my landings causing them to twist down. They weren't all that tight when I went to loosen the clamps and straighten them up.

Love that low end torque!

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I used to putt around on 99 300 MXC. Best woods forks ever. Torquey for sure but would rip your arms out on the top end. Glad you like.

Top Bottom