BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Suzuki has released Michel Pichon, and replaced him with Joel Smets. :o There are articles on the RacerX and Cycle News websites. Suzuki claims it has nothing to do with his injury but the timing is weird to me. They also mention finding a rider "more committed" to developing the RMZ 450, I wonder if Pichon said he didn't want to ride it or if they just knew they could get Smets and consider him that much better a developement rider? Marcus or anybody on that side of the pond have something we haven't heard yet? I was not really a huge fan of MP but he had really ridden well for them. Just wondering if there is more to the story.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
sounds to me like Suzuki saw Pigeon "lay down" just like the rest of us when he lost the points lead. :|

good for Suzuki

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The Team Suzuki comes d’annoncer this noon qu’il put an end to the contract of Mickaël, after four years of collaboration and two titles of champion of the world. It will be replaced by Joël Smets. Mickaël learned the new one by fax at the same time the press. Préssentant an event of this type, Micka contacted different teams this weekend to Ernée where it returned s’était in spectator, we will hold you soon to the current.

translated from his web page-sounds like a bad state of affairs.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Suzuki has finally figured out what pichon is all about. Good riddance for Suzuki and too bad for whoever gives that wimpy whiner another chance.

I doubt Suzuki see's any drop in performance with Smets. Smart move.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Suzuki must be thinking of the future with the second rider being only 18, and another Bulguim, they should get along and Smets being who he is should develop the bike to be a weapon, if its anything to go by if they are using the same tecnology as the GSXR's, he said after one of the GP's he wasnt on equal machinary....

Top Bottom