uts

Jan 8, 2004
Hey there,

I've read all there is on this forum about plug reading and learned a lot. I am jetting my IT 465, which I am pretty sure is rich on the main as it splutters a bit up top. Anyway I broke my hacksaw blade attackin the shell after a high end plug chop, so I can't see the mixture ring yet.

The thing is I've never seen a plug look like this. The insulator ,nose/electrodes, all the porcelain and everything is black, so the heat ranges looks too cold but the top of the shell and the threads are perfectly clean. By top of the shell I mean the flat face where the electrode joins.
Why would it be clean when everything else is black?
Sorry no photos, my camera is missing.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
It's harder than crap to see down into the plug where you need to look, if you possision it right you can see it with a light and a magnifying glass. Is the sputtering up top sounding lean like it's running out of gas or over loaded?

uts

Jan 8, 2004
just_a_rider said:
It's harder than crap to see down into the plug where you need to look, if you possision it right you can see it with a light and a magnifying glass. Is the sputtering up top sounding lean like it's running out of gas or over loaded?

Don't know, how do you tell?

Top Bottom