datiger

Jun 10, 2002
can i have a magura hymec clutch om my honda cr 125 01. someone say that it was hard byt i dont understand why. explain easy because english is too bad.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
I think I remember Marcus saying here that part of the Magura hydraulics mounted in a place that made it difficult to rotate the carb, hence making it very difficult to change the jets quickly...

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
No problem if you get a Hebo unit as they have a short cable allowing you to move the slave cylinder to clear the carb.

IMHO the Hebo is better than the Magura.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I would like to try a HEBO if i was to go down this road again, i wouldnt reccomend the magura.The slave cylinder isnt really secured into the engine casing at all and a good knock(which is likely where it sits)will make it fail.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'm really pleased with mine. I think it has more range of travel in the slave cylinder so it will cope with heat expansion and clutch wear without a problem. I slip the clutch very aggressively while hillclimbing and the climbs last over a minute. With the stock cable I am unable to disengage the clutch by the top but with the hydraulic clutch I just let it all the way out at some point in the climb and it will self adjust back to the original engagement point. It has a short cable so the slave winds up by the reed cage, behind the petcock and if hit would simply move if hit.

Top Bottom