Police Storys..I bet some of you have funny ones.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
One of the other web sites had a little story telling post...and of course a bunch of kids had the "I out ran a cop" stories. So I have a few and My bet with THIS crew there are some really choice stories!!

So I will start with two mellow stories (Actually both are very true!) and then sit back and watch the show.........

1)

I was the typical motorcycle brat. When I was in college...I knew better but played the game anyway.

My parents lived next to Blue Mountain a Westchester County park in New York State. I had hacked out about 15 miles of trails. All through that park. ( Now there are new homes allover where my trails were...but ONE was actually officially marked as a hiking trail. I bet they never knew the origins when it was made official ) We had this long dirt road and at the end of that road was this troll who called the cops EVERY time I rode out...so many rides had interesting encounters.

One time I was riding with my room mate from college. My then girl freind ( Now ex wife) was at the house hangin with my folks when we took off down the road...past troll's house. We rode for a couple of hours...and I had this bad feeling. So I rode the back way in to my folks house. Not up the road we went out on. Not past troll's place.

So my girl friend had to go home. I had this little Datsun 2000 sports car and took off down the road. At the BOTTOM of the road, next to trolls house was about 3 cop cars with the lights on and everything and the troll running around yelling stuff about motorcycles and kids. Then he saw Me! Pointed started yelling that him! thats HIM! So the cops..lead by this guy Donahue (A lot more about him some other time) came over to the car. He and I had chatted many times before. LOL He kinda smiled and said...well did you ride on this road and get out on the PUBLIC road??? Hummm? And I said..Officer Donahue...if I rode out, don't you think I would ride BACK? It wasn't me riding today its my brother James! And he's still OUT there!..Hang out a little longer and you might get him on the flip side. So the Officer Donahue kinda laughed and went over to troll and gave him the bad news..Troll went crazy. They almost had to restrain him. And I drove off thinking I was pretty smart.

About a mile down the road.. Donahue caught up..put on the bubble gum machines and pulled me over. Gave me the riot act. He was getting tired of me creating stupid **** trouble that he had to deal with...And yes he told me he knew who was riding that bike and he even knew the back way to my house...(Another story) And if I didn't stop the crap he would ticket me on stupid stuff until I went BROKE.

So Troll filed charges. And of course it was in my BROTHERS name....cause Donahue was a cool cop. Well my brother was in the US Navy at the time stationed in Naples Italy. The DA dropped the charges. Couldn't prosecute. The guy charged had proof he wasn't even in the damn country. He was pissed. ( He didn't know about me and Donahue didn't tell him )

True story.

Next one is really a continuation...next post.:)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
The year was 1990. I hadn't ridden a dirt bike around my folks house in over 15 years. ( Although I raced through 1990 ) I was selling and supporting software for a living. Many of my customers were over seas. In particular Japan. So I was coming home from a trip to Japan. Had low cost fares so my flight from San Fransisco had a stop in Las Vegas before heading to LaGuardia where my car was.

This big old fella sits down next to me on the plane at Las Vegas. There was a police chief convention and he was there. We sat for a long time saying nothing. Then he askes where I was going..I said "home"..cause I was a smart ass even then. He asked "Where's Home?" I said "Greenwood Lake NY". He was dissapointed. Turns out he was looking for a ride to where he lived. So I asked where that was..he said "Peekskill". So I told him I was familiar with that area and would give him a ride home. So he started talking...he was now the top dog of the NYS State Troopers and cut his teeth around the Peekskill area. And this guy starts telling stories about this punk he ran after for years! Some really funny stories and as I laughed.. this went on though out the entire fight. Sories about this punk kid. I began to realise those were very familiar events...like that story in the previous post. Guess that kid made quite an impact on his life back then. One big pain is the ass that kid was...but funny as hell at times for him.

After we landed and I took him to his house. I finally had to confess. "Officer Donahue..That was me you were chasing." "Those stories were our little encounters". And they were. "You just didn't recognize that kid as a 35 year old yuppie." What a twist.

Also a true story.

:)

Last edited:

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
I out ran the cops

YEah, one time I was doing donuts in the little old ladies yard, and the cops came. So I roosted on the cop car, and rode a wheelie outta site. My kx80 went so fast, the couldn't even see me. I smoked him.
What you don't believe me?;) :p
Not a true story,
Chris

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ahhh, yes I remember those days, Ill now push my bike acros the street I live on to avoid having the S.W.A.T. team show up to apprehed dangeous criminals! However,,,,,,

I was riding across the street on a small very tight, 1st gear for the WR 400 woods tracak we have over there, with the owners permission and after a few laps I come bareling down the trail to see the local cheif stadning in the middle of the trail,,, :scream: . So you know these days I stop, even though my first reaction is to do the 180 and roost, I say how it going chief? He gives me the 20 questions on who am I do I know who ownes this, is it ok with him bla bla and says the problem is the NIMBYs called (Not In My Back Yard even though its not their back yard, aka Trolls) and said kids were setting fires back there..... Well Im not setting any fires nor have I seen any ashes I told him, but someone,,, wonder who,, dumped at least a 5 gallon bucket of broken glass across the trail in 2 spots I told him. Any way he told me to have a nice day and all and my heart rate recoverd but, man little old in your biz NIMBYs are the worst. The same small town shut a local racer kid down from practiceing on his own property cause of some lame zoning junk.

I gotta say, if your riding where you think youll have to run from cops, you should not play that way, Look, I did it too and even lost a few bikes that way and got my leg tore up good once. I was lucky to have doged the bullet as many times as I did, but there is real potental to get hurt BAD. You get all amped up and do stuff you normaly would not do, and if they catch you, they can really put a dent in you. They maxed out my brother once for over 2 grand in fines, took his bike and his license. However,,,,,,

I was trail riding on what used to be train tracks, we rode em for years, the tracks were gone but the right of way was still owned by the RR. Turns out a property owner was in dispute with the RR on the right of way, something about if you abandon property and someone else maintains it for so long, yada yada, anyway they were making a golf corse there and were going to lay down the law on the ATVs,,,,,, So Im going through their and a guy in a backho starts chasing me,,, I was not to worried, but I figured, Ok, I wont ride across that section any more. So when I came back that way later that day, I got off on a road to detour around that section, well I had 3 cars (not cops) chasing me and I was not going to talk about it with them. I pinned my little MX 100 and dashed, it did not take the cars long to pass my 50mph flight speed and evenually get around me and try to cut me off, I made a break for a field and the car tried to chase me through the field :eek: . I got away to ride another day,,,,,,, but not there.

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
Ok, here's my favorite... I had just traded street bikes with a friend so he could take his license road test on my "little" 600. So I'm riding home his ZX-11 and get on the interstate and decide to see how fast the thing would go. I'm zipping along at 155 mph when I get over a long hill on this nearly empty 3 lane highway, and there's smokey sitting in the median and he caught me red handed. I must have blown by him doing about 130 before I could get the big Ninja slowed down. In my mirrors I can see him doing a burnout on the dusty median just trying to get on the road so he can chase me down. Figuring that I could outrun him and maybe die trying, or pull over and take my punishment like a man, I chicken out and pull over. A minute or so later he catches up with me and stops behind me on the side of the highway. When he got up to the bike he said "why did you stop?" and I'm thinking, "cuz I'm an idiot who loves appearing in court", but I say that I saw he was coming after me and that I didn't want to run. He was so shocked that I stopped and waited for him that he let me go with a verbal warning. I was completely shocked now too, all I could do is say thanks alot and rode home (at the speed limit). true story :eek:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ohhhhhhh, on the street side I got some too!
In a similar story I was rollin nice and 55 like out of town on my VFR 750, I just cleared the last know on ramp of local speed entrapment and started to roll the juice on nice and easy. It was late at night (end of 2nd shift) and the raods were clear, as I started pulling in to the sweet dark night, I saw hedlights come on the on ramp behind me, not pull on, but turn on half way down the ramp, but no flashers, still dosnet look to good, its either a cop or the mob come to collect that gambeling money,, and I dont gamble :),,,,, well im doin bout 80, hes doin maybe 15 and 300 yards or so off my 6, so I figure, lets have at it, the next off ramp was about 3 miles down and around a long sweeping curve, I figure Ill drag down there and be off the road and who knows where before he even gets up to speed, so I come around the long turn at 140 and still spinnin up only to see smokey #2 already well positioned on the off ramp,,,, well like I said its not worth life or limb, so Im pullin over,,, the funny thing is #2 saw me come down around the turn so fast he thought it was on, so not to be jumped he peels off to start getting his speed up while I bring the bike to an efficent stop behind him :) . He has to stop, hit reverse and back down the highway to get back to where I stopped. It took #1 about 90 seconds to come up from behind. The bad part is he said he was at over 100 when he lost sight of me around the turn and I was still pulling away like he was going backwards so thats what he wrote the bill for :( ,, the good part is , he could not get a speed to put on the ticket that was accurate, so I took it to court and won :) . Oh, and there were not thanks for stoppin have a nice day or any of that :( .
Again, I know its tempting and stories are cool and all, but the risk is SO high, especillay on the street on super fast bikes. If you dont go down from tank slap at 140MPH youll have a heart attack from living through it.
I know the local cops around here LIVE to chase ATV's, they love it, one got sued and lost his job a few months ago for ramming a quad off the road at about 60 MPH.

Last edited:

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
Here's my second favorite, but not a bike story (you asked for POLICE stories, right?) After working a shift bartending at a nightclub a few exits up the highway, I 'm driving home on the interstate at 3 am and feeling brave. So I decide to see how fast my Saab could go and hit the gas. The turbo spools up and I'm rolling down the highway at 115mph in a 55mph zone. That's not too bad, but there's a car up ahead that is going the normal speed but 2 lanes over. Seems pretty safe so I just keep on the gas and I blow by that car like it was standing still, but as I go by I can see on the side of the car the unmistakeable decals of a NJ state trooper. (many NJ trooper patrol cars are unmarked from front and rear view, with no external lighting, but have the side decals) " OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!" I think, but keep on the gas anyway because by the time I realized it, I was already way past him. I think I'm dead meat but the funny part is he never so much as sped up, never lit up the lights, nothing. He got off the next exit like nothing had happened. That was just pure dumb luck, phew! (true story)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I knew you couldn't keep it in for much longer, that was me in the car so I'd appreciate it if you would come down to the station and sign your ticket please!

I actually ran from the CHP when I was younger so that's why I joined it!! I felt bad for the sap that couldn't catch us on our bikes. Of course, I didn't tell them that when I applied! The vicious circle comes around, while on duty, I chased a bike and ate crap on my motor off a ramp at 90mph. If anyone knows the guy that got away, let me know, I need to have a chat with him!

Elk

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Originally posted by KLX4smoke
That's not too bad, but there's a car up ahead that is going the normal speed but 2 lanes over. Seems pretty safe so I just keep on the gas and I blow by that car like it was standing still, but as I go by I can see on the side of the car the unmistakeable decals of a NJ state trooper. " OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!" I think, but keep on the gas anyway because by the time I realized it, I was already way past him. (true story)
Sometimes I can't believe I lived through some of the stupid things I did growing up, thanks for reminding me of this one;) I had the almost exact same experience doing about 130mph in a camaro except I took the next available exit and did a 360, luckily I stayed on the road and just kept going, I never even saw if the cop came after me:eek:

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
This thread should be 3 miles long!!! Come on guys, I know you are all speed lunatics here so why don't you forget about tarnishing your fine reputaion on DRN and tell us about some crazy incedent you had when you were young and stupider? Come on, tell us those stories! ;)

XR600rider

Oct 22, 2000
OK here goes my tale, Just out of work second shift and I have out of town company waiting so I am in a hurry. The bike is a cb 650 with 10.5/1 pistons,aftermarket camshaft, valve springs marked"experimental" 4 into 1 header( man I loved the sound of that motor)... anyway I bury the 85mph speedo in 3rd gear and kept it twisted through 5th gear flying along when I notice a bubble gum machine on a car heading south in the other lane highlighted by parking lot lights! UH OH this ain't good, so I hit both brakes as hard as I dared and sure enough I see his brake lights come on(bummer). I looked up and seen it was only 1 mile to the county line.... no not a good idea (I said to myself) so when I hit 55 I put it in cruise mode till the flashers filled the mirrors and kindly pulled over. :( The state policemans first words were " DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING!?!?" To which I calmly said "no sir I don't the needle was pegged at 85mph" The dumb stare on his face was would have almost been woth a ticket in itself but when he follwed it up with a "wha..weh...IF THAT THING HAD WINGS YOULD'VE BEEN FLYING" I new it would be worth it. To add fuel to the fire I didn't have my registration or proof of insurance or drivers liscense on me:o I found out he clocked me at 85 but I had been "on the brakes for a while" in the end after verifying my info he gave me a reduced 70 in a former speed zone,worth 1 point and 45 dollars....no problem:cool:

Greg M

Jun 25, 1999
This is a second hand story from my brother in law.

Jason was riding his ZX-10 from Spokane, Washington to Seattle along highway 2. This is s two lane road that passes through some very boring farm country. Understand that Jason is an adrenaline junkie who currently flys jets for the USAF.

He decides to pass five cars at once because, after all, that is what sport bikes are for. He said he passed the lead car at about 115 and realized the lead car was a highway patrollman. Naturally he kept the throttle pinned and rode like a banshee all the way to a little town by the name of Leavenworth. He stopped for gas and while at the station, the state trooper pulls up. I have heard that if cop can't get your license number, he can't give you a ticket after the fact because he can't prove it was you.

Maybe this was Jaon's logic and maybe it wasn't. Anyway the cop asked him if he had just come along highway 2 and while doing so, did he pass a state trooper and a bunch of cars at way over the speed limit. "No" Jason replied.

The cop turns away and motions to three vehicles to come forward. All three of them identified Jason and his bike as the one who passed by them at 100+ mph.

Busted you might think? No. Somehow he got off with a warning.

To think I have gotten two tickets in my life and both were for going exactly ten over. No BS! I will say that I had a SeaDoo behind my vehicle so maybe that made me stand out from the crowd. My insurance of course sky rocketed and yet so many others get nailed for hauling ass and nothing happens.

If I ever make it big I will buy a fast car and race at least once from Seattle to LA just for the hell of it.

Greg M

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i didn't have motorcycles when i was young and stupid (thank god).
but my riding buddy did. he told me one of his stories. he had a suzuki 1100 and wanted to see how fast it would go. he had a friend that was a highway patrolman and got him to radar him on a rural highway near here. he blew by him then turned around and went back. the patrolman was out of his car, his face all red, shaking his finger at him screaming "don't ever talk me into anything like that again!"
he had clocked him at 156 mph and he was still climbing when he went by.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I grew up on Long Island, AKA "Troll land" where there are plenty of places that are suitable to ride on but are full of evil trolls.

I was with my brother and a friend on our bikes and a bunch of friends on ATV's. We were riding in a huge sand pit out on the Island, don't remember exactly where it was. Anyway these two other ATV guys started riding around the top of the pit near us. When we stopped to rest, they came over and announced they were cops and wanted to talk to us. We subsequently rode down into the pit..... Well, most of us. The my friend was unable to get his bike going and the cops got him. They then sent him down the hill to get us and tell us that if we didn't come up and talk to them, they would impound his bike.

We then went up and they then announced we were all getting tickets for tresspassing. Some of the older, smarter, guys I was with sort of confused the cops and got away without a ticket. There were so many of us they lost track of who they wrote tickets to.

Well, I guess $25 bucks was worth keeping my buddies bike from getting impounded.

Top Bottom