DamonO

Aug 29, 2016
i have a 2000 polini 50 x3 that's spark and compression but won't start. I just recently put a black dragon ignition system could it be that the timing is off?? Any suggestions on what I should do

wendel black

Sep 18, 2016
I just went through the exact problem with same bike and new black dragon ignition system. I thought the same thing, compression fuel and spark all good, must be timming issue. You are correct! What we did and you need to do is mount the stator upside down instead of right side up, that's it. All the pics on black dragon show right side up, so don't know what the deal is......ignore the pics. The thing started on first kick and runs good. Must have rebuilt the carb 3 times and ect.

DamonO

Aug 29, 2016
I just went through the exact problem with same bike and new black dragon ignition system. I thought the same thing, compression fuel and spark all good, must be timming issue. You are correct! What we did and you need to do is mount the stator upside down instead of right side up, that's it. All the pics on black dragon show right side up, so don't know what the deal is......ignore the pics. The thing started on first kick and runs good. Must have rebuilt the carb 3 times and ect.
Wow man you were absolutely right bike started first kick. Your a life saver thanks!!

Top Bottom