Political Correctness

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert

And that's just the point Rich. The reason I miss the "old" flame forum is because it was here on DRN where we are all like family.

That's the point. With the number of members we now have we have a much higher percentage of dysfunctional family members who haven't the slighest clue how to communicate a thought or behave in public. Sad but true.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
We are all a little dysfunctional Rich, you included I'm sure. If you're not then I more than make up enough for the both of us. I was surprised to see this thread go as far as it has considering it has nothing to do with dirtbikes and it even uses the word political in it. The point is though DRN is a dirtbike site; it is a lot more than that to a lot of us. Most of us here don't ride dirtbikes for a living, we do it for entertainment and this site is a cool way to converse with people having similar interests. Similar interests often bring similar experiences, would you agree? We get to brag, swap stories and ideas and as well general b.s. about our sport and the things that make us unique to the sport. It takes three kinds of people to make the world go round, those that make it happen, those that watch it happen and those that wonder what happened, DRN does represent each category from one topic or another. I can learn a lot more from life by seeing the entire picture than I can by blocking out one equation of the pie. I really enjoyed some of the more "extreme" "off topics" that have been posted here in the past. I know it's easy for me to sit here and type this crap because I'm not the one that has to sensor it all, I only have to click what I'm not interested in to make it go away.

As ironic as it may seem, I'm not posting that I've been wronged and I'm not posting that I've had a bad experience. I'm not bashing anyone nor do I desire to be bashed. I am in a sense trolling the "flame forum" and posting worthless drivel that has no relevance to see if I can get positive, clean replies that spark interest with other members that may miss the way it used to be. So far I've gotten away with it but I know I'll not have the last words. ;)
Still I'm enjoying it.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Mark,
I say that little kid should get a good taste of discipline. And I would suggest a good read to the kid's parents...."Dare To Discipline"

As far as the flame board goes, I can take it or leave it....I can get many upset and huffy without a silly ole flame forum. :)
I like badgering the cluless as much as I like to eat when I'm hungry!
Doesn't mean that I'm a hateful person, it only means I like to have fun at others expense.
Can't take the heat??? Don't wear shorts when you ride! LOL......

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

we have a much higher percentage of dysfunctional family members who haven't the slighest clue how to communicate a thought or behave in public.

Alright already. Stop talking about the What Bike To Get Forum. :p

I'm with Jaybird. Nothing like a good laugh at someone elses expense. I'd love to see the old school flame forum back but if it's not feasable(sp) then shut it down.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
I was surprised to see this thread go as far as it has considering it has nothing to do with dirtbikes and it even uses the word political in it.

As ironic as it may seem, I'm not posting that I've been wronged and I'm not posting that I've had a bad experience. I'm not bashing anyone nor do I desire to be bashed. I am in a sense trolling the "flame forum" and posting worthless drivel that has no relevance to see if I can get positive, clean replies that spark interest with other members that may miss the way it used to be. So far I've gotten away with it but I know I'll not have the last words. ;)

If you read the post at the top of this forum it says that subject matter will be limited to topics that pertain to the sport or this site, thats why its still up :)

I'm sure everyone here has their favorite off topic flame that ran in here but Rich is right and the point was made in the thread at the top of the forum. There are to many members here to let all the off-topic rants run. The signal to noise ratio gets way out of hand. You can't delete some of the off topic stuff and let others run. Its got to be all or none to work.

I think the flame forum is ok to stay for the occasional rant and I don't know why people have such a problem with it being the slowest forum here. IMO it should be the slowest and it should see only an occasional rant and not constant arguement,complaining, and whining. Thats not in the best interest of this site.

If it came to a decision to go back to the old way or do away with it completely. I would say remove it. :(

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
I don't know why people have such a problem with it being the slowest forum here. IMO it should be the slowest and it should see only an occasional rant and not constant arguement,complaining, and whining.

AMEN BROTHER :thumb:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
We are all a little dysfunctional Rich, you included I'm sure

More so than most I'll bet. :eek:

Jeff - While I whole heartedly agree with you in theory (I really miss the Rich is an ahole threads :) ) in practice it hasn't worked out.

When any random tree slug can come in here and start bitching about nothing just to get a reaction it just gets out of hand too fast. Hence the leyway allowed in the STM forums, where folks have shown themselves to be disciplined enough to have differing opinions without it turning into a high school pissing match.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I've only gotten involved in the flame forum on a few occassions.  Most had to do with morons not lending a thing to the discussion/rant involved.  I love a good flame but dislike soap box whining.  Two thumbs up for SKR and how he controls the oven! :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It days gone by, when DRN was a smalller family, this forum was kinda like sitting aroung the kitchen table after Thanksgiving dinner.  You talked about whatever got you goin'.  With the Support Team forums and the newly added War Forum, I think we have enough places to vent.  MX547 started a post about a proposed ban on smoking in NJ whereby a neighbor could sue you in your smoke went into there house.  That was a good example of the Flame Forum at its best.  However, most of the threads were pretty lame and useless.  I have passed many thanks to SKR for shutting down threads that would only to serve discontent and provide nothing but a personal attack on members.  Maybe it should just be canned. JMO!

About the kid in the store?  I verbally and loudly scold the kid and embarress the crap out of the mother.  Works wonders and you would be surprised how many people in the store have this look, "Man, I wish I would have had the stones to do that!"

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Brian, you are just an ole meany! :)

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
It's so sad that this forum has gone the way of the Milk Dud, I miss Milk Duds :whiner: :whiner:

pat567

Oct 26, 2002
now more than ever pete should't be in HOF.the way the country's moral fiber is decaying.I 'm a firm believer in not rewarding bad behavior.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You need to eat moral fiber to stay regular when ingesting Milk Duds. ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yup, a diet high in moral fiber is good for the pipes.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Yep, a diet rich in moral fiber has to be good for ya, if nothing else, it will keep those Milk Duds from ricocheting around the toilet bowl

I will start with a ratio of 4:1

Wish me luck

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by JPIVEY
Yep, a diet rich in moral fiber has to be good for ya, if nothing else, it will keep those Milk Duds from ricocheting around the toilet bowl

I will start with a ratio of 4:1

Wish me luck

LMFAO!

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I know this thread is getting old now, but I wanted to applaued you guys on the QUALITY of material in this site. I can't tell you how many CRAP responses I went through on the forum for Supercross.com. I read about 2pgs. worth of some snot nosed kid mouthing off to other people in a thread when they disagreed that his RM wasn't the fastest bike in the world. After I wrote a letter to Mr. Johnson I promptly told him I would not return to the forums just because of the crap that he allows to stay on the pages. And although TT has much more usefull info I have to thumb through some rather air headed responses, and questions and topics that are in absolutely no organization. :thumb: to you guys keep up the good work.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
you guys know how much I love the site, so i'll leave the knee pads off for now...

as far as someone being offended/personal attacks, that's why the disclamers are there "if you can't take the heat etc."

this is the internet, people! yes, some people have a poopy way of expressing their viewpoints, boo hoo go cry to mommy!

yes, there has been some immaturity, but also some very thought provoking "smart" conversation and debate. If you want contrast, go into an aol chat room some time... "metallica sux, korn rules" "uhhh uhhh, korn sux" and so on for hours and hours!

if there is a problem with off topic conversation, then why the "off topic" section? don't get me wrong, i'm all for off topic conversation, it just seems most of it moved from one place to another.

if this all just comes down to being too "high maintenance" for the mods, I can respect that, as i'm on here because I want to be (can come and go as I please), and the mods have actually comitted to it and feel an obligation, and i'm sure some of the bickering gets old

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by motometal
if this all just comes down to being too "high maintenance" for the mods, I can respect that, as i'm on here because I want to be (can come and go as I please), and the mods have actually comitted to it and feel an obligation, and i'm sure some of the bickering gets old

That's it in a nutshell.

FatBiker

Apr 3, 2010
I will only talk dirt bikes here. I posted in a flame thread and because my view didn't march in lock step with the "powers that be" I was promptly chastised. I know better now, if my views don't match the "powers that be" I don't post. As far as I'm concerned you can trash the "flame board". :cool:

PS: I just saw the date on the last post but my point stands.

Top Bottom