Political Correctness

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Man the flame forum is dull! I remember back in the day this was the place to go. All the juicy stuff was in here but now it just plain sucks. Is it because DRN has become too PC to allow a good or even not so good flaming? I guess so. I miss it. :whiner:

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
your right man, this used to be the main board id come to.

now i dont even come here unless theres no other boards i wanna go to.

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
no ****. this board sucks now. too many threads got closed or edited and now theres not much worth reading. i used to come here lots but now i dont as much cuz its pretty boring. this will probably get closed anyway since theres nothing about dirtbikes. oh wel

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I still think the site rocks, just the lame flame forum that might as well not be here anymore. I'm not saying allow it to become filthy nasty, just put the spice back into it.

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
i still will come to this site because there is lots of information but i used to come here to see if people were arguing and stuff like that now i usually only come if i have a question. lots of threads that were good to read got shut down, thats what i think they shoud change.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Could be that, in light of recent world events, people are less inclined to air their petty grievances.

Just a thought.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
We all ride and love dirtbikes, but the main focus for some is to argue about stupid, pointless shat? :|

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I pretty much agree that this is now the Lame Board. Maybe the powers that be could pull the rev limiter off of it. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Green Horn
Maybe the powers that be could pull the rev limiter off of it.

Don't hold your breath Greenie. :confused:

Originally posted by MX-727
We all ride and love dirtbikes, but the main focus for some is to argue about stupid, pointless shat?

Can't say it much more clearly than that.

Given the recent influx of semi-literate jugheads, and spastics who can't go 10 seconds without acting like a turd in a punchbowl it's not likely to change anytime soon.

There are plenty of places on the net where you can whine and bitch to your heart's content. All of you who feel that your life is somehow lacking now that nitwit off topic crybaby chat board BS isn't available HERE, please visit those sites and spread your deep philosophical insights with THEM. :thumb: I'm sure they'll appreciate it as much as we do. :silly:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

spread your deep philosophical insights with THEM. :thumb: I'm sure they'll appreciate it as much as we do.

Aw shucks Rich. I was really hoping to be the "turd in your punchbowl". :p

On a serious note...Why bother keeping this forum open? Any complaints about products can be make known in the other forums. And how many lame ass "I hate the weather" posts have there been? TONS and yes I even admit that I contribute to them. ;) It just seems that after the big lock down, this forum is like a ghost town. :flame:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Green Horn

On a serious note...Why bother keeping this forum open?

I've thought it should be eliminated for a LONG time. :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You know what flames me? Some idiot A-hole that takes the life of his young pregnant wife, for what. Or how bout some young punk that tears down my American flag in front of my house. How bout the little jerk that steals our hard earned possessions like motorcycles and gear. Someone that is so jealous of what you have that they can't stand it and are too damn lazy to work for it themselves.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999

I bet there's a switch for it around here somewhere. ;) If it were to get pulled, we should atleast do it the courtesy of letting in one more cry baby and let Rich tear him a new a-hole. As in a Farewell Flame Forum salute. :) :yeehaw:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001

me too, this forum serves no purpose (IMO), that said, i did enjoy them MXA slap fests back in the day! :laugh:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
my .02 cents: Thanks Okie and mods! There are other sites where you have to wade through 25 posts of junior high name calling to find anything worth reading. The last thing we need is to be anything like that.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Pete should be in the hall of fame! He has earned it as well as any of the others, bar none! I was unaware that along with great ball playing one must enter sainthood as well. :)
I bet if laundry were to be aired of former inductees, the whole place would stink!

OK, carry on. :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
There are plenty of places on the net where you can whine and bitch to your heart's content.
And that's just the point Rich. The reason I miss the "old" flame forum is because it was here on DRN where we are all like family. The amount of time I've spent here I've come to know a lot of members and true the one's I've met aren't the ones that stink up the place. Fact of matter is that it's amusing to read some of the posts here and laugh about it with friends. I don't recall ever taking anything too seriously that was in the flame forum but it was fun to read and sift through the good ones. Come on man, you have to admit you were good at shuttin` some of them down, sic-em Rich! ;)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
The reason I miss the "old" flame forum is because it was here on DRN where we are all like family.
<snip>
I don't recall ever taking anything too seriously that was in the flame forum

A lot of people did take things too seriously and it caused problems that should never have happened. All b/c things went from a civil disagreement to a large mis-understanding and a lot of hurt feelings.

Flamewars on the Internet serve no purpose IMO. Disagreements are one thing and sometimes even they can go too far but in the flame forum things go too far more often then not.

I'm another supporter of elimination of the flame forum.

Ivan

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Truespode

A lot of people did take things too seriously and it caused problems that should never have happened. All b/c things went from a civil disagreement to a large mis-understanding and a lot of hurt feelings.

Ivan
I never got mad over anything here and if you say I did I will come over to your house and pull a can of whoopass on ya but 1st I have to go eat, gotta get my strength up. :p

Top Bottom