2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Honoring DRN's rules, that is as detailed as I will go.

With politics affecting our riding areas, our sound issues, kind of affecting the 2-stroke pollution thing, our take-home pay and therefore play money, let alone it being one of the #1 discussions people are having nowadays, could we get a "politics forum"?... and the mods would have total freedom to delete anyone getting personal? Politics DO affect dirtbikes.
Can-O-Worms? :nod:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Used to be one..

Don't count on seeing it resurrected.

This is a great place to learn about and discuss dirtbikes.

There are plenty of other places to discuss politics.

I've learned that it's best if I never discuss politics or religion with friends and family.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
IndyMX said:
I've learned that it's best if I never discuss politics or religion with friends and family.
I understand and respect your opinion.
However, wouldn't that policy be defined as "politically correct"?
I START discussions like this with family and friends, some enjoy it, others don't pitch in. Those that aren't interested don't need to contribute and those that do take an interest still have the freedom to speak their opinion.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
I START discussions like this with family and friends, some enjoy it, others don't pitch in. Those that aren't interested don't need to contribute and those that do take an interest still have the freedom to speak their opinion.

It takes too much time to police the fighting that will inevitably go on in a politics forum.

I personally am vehemently against it. I see how other forums have it and it has caused a lot of animosity to come up that would not have been there to begin with and that animosity usually ends up spilling over to the dirtbike discussions eventually.

Ivan

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Being a mod at another forum I can personally vouch for the political talk being a major headache. We ended up banning all political discussion due to the fighting, the constant work for us mods, and the friendships it destroyed. It really just isn't worth it.

Now, I wouldn't mind seeing an announcement only subforum on legislation affecting our rights. Make it where only Admin or a moderator can post it up and lock it to keep the political discussion out. That way we all would be informed but without all the crap that tends to follow it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
truespode said:
It takes too much time to police the fighting that will inevitably go on in a politics forum.

I personally am vehemently against it. I see how other forums have it and it has caused a lot of animosity to come up that would not have been there to begin with and that animosity usually ends up spilling over to the dirtbike discussions eventually.

Ivan

X2, I also feel it affects and runs off users who feel polarized by some of the other users politics.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It was a mistake that we won't repeat.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
We have dirtbikes, trials, photography, visors, and sometimes spiders here. We don't need to complicate things with politics.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
It always just turns into bashing and name calling. There are plenty of other sites that have political forums that you can beat your brains out in..... no matter what side of the argument you are on.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
2-Strokes 4-ever said:

Not at all.. I call it keeping the peace.. I can assure you, that in every sufficiently large enough group of people, you are going to get every side of the argument and even the extremes.

We really all need to just realize that for the extremes, we are never going to change minds. Only cause friction. And it seems to me that the extremes are the only ones that want to enter the discussion.

I'd consider myself close to the extreme. My views are very far to the side I choose to align myself with. I will never move to the other side. It wouldn't make much sense to me to do so.

So, we really don't need a discussion. Unless it's on a particular topic, say the Lead Law. But that's not about politics, that's about policy. And that's still allowed here. As long as it stays civil and pertains to our common cause.. At least that's my view.

If I want to beat my drum, I have plenty of other forums for that.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Understood. Thank you.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
How about a "religion forum" then?

;)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
truespode said:
We already have that and it is called the 2-stroke forum... it is even broken down by separating one denomination out (JustKDX) to make it easier to follow along ;)

Ivan

That would be me.....bitterly clinging to my guns and two strokes. :laugh:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
truespode said:

Ivan

I wonder how JP and JB are doing :laugh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I wonder how JP and JB are doing

Ah, those were the days. Man could those knuckleheads go at it. Granted I did not have to referee but it was fun to be a spectator. I used to learn a lot and appreciated the differing perspectives. I have much respect for many of the folks around here stemming from views expressed in that forum. It was sad to see it deteriorate and then cease to exist.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom