[poll]which pipe do you like best?

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
I've used the Gnarly Woods and Desert (Rev) pipe with the powercore II silencer. I like them both. the woods gives me more bottom (of course) and the Rev i like in longer more wide open races where i can get the top end power i need.

I've learned to use the Desert in the mud and it works well too. i can keep it under the pipe easier and bog it through in a higher gear. once out, a quik fan of the clutch and the beast is alive again.

so, tight hilly slower trail speeds= Woods
open faster trail speeds=Desert (rev)

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well, i have a gnarly woods pipe and i think i feel some bottom end increase. I just have a question for all who have this pipe. I cant exactly get the mounting tap near the tank to work with the mounts that i use with the stock pipe. Why is this? Does this happen to anyone else??

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
WHAT!!!!!!!! :| have these people taught you nothing!!!

jk jk. I like the stock cause its quiet, but i will amit i do see a difernence in power, but like i said im not sure if its worth the $300 for an aftermarket pipe.

'01 KDX 220

Sep 22, 2005
kdx220freak said:
WHAT!!!!!!!! :| have these people taught you nothing!!!

jk jk. I like the stock cause its quiet, but i will amit i do see a difernence in power, but like i said im not sure if its worth the $300 for an aftermarket pipe.

Depends where you ride primarily...I also like to be quiet.

Top Bottom