elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I have a 2005 kx250. I plan on keeping it for quite a while and I am looking at getting more bottom end out of it. Once I calculate the cost of things like a reed cage, reed spacer, pipes etc.. it kinda adds up to small chunk of change. I was thinking about having it ported for more bottom end next time I do a top end. Just wondering how much porting costs and if the results will be better than all the bolt on mods? I ride mostly tight woods and hills with friends but also go to the track for the occational practice day. The top end performance I am more than happy with, I am just looking for more off idle and mid range pull with out increasing displacement.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Erric Gorr has a Mo Power Everywhere porting job that really does deliver. I was very happy with the power gains across the board. Not everyone can increase power from low to top end but he can. He can also port for specific power where ever you need it.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Im trying to find out how much it will cost and if its cheaper than a hand full of bolt on's. Also will the benefits be greater than all the bolt on's.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The benifits are better than you will get with bolt ons. Reeds will give you some boost but not like a good port job and a pipe just moves the power around.I haven't checked his prices lately but I assume a port job is still under $200, maybe closer to $150. Check out his website.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
a port job with a crappy pipe-why bother- if your going to get wet-( jump in)-
spend 500 - get the port job, and pipe/silencer,and reeds- and be done with it-
why screw around
fmf ,and pro circuit has a scratch and dent sale im pretty sure? it wouldn't hurt to check-

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Porting,carbon fiber reeds,pipe and silencer to match your porting ,and start reading up on jetting. If you open the bore you will get the power of the 4t,otherwise,fan the clutch,that bike should haul pretty good!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
mtk said:
Now we just need to bribe Mr. Gorr into working his magic on 250 two-strokes again. :(

If you have a specific need you should call him. He's always trys to accomodate his repeat customers.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
What about lathing off .5mm - 1mm from the cylinder base? That wouldn't cost much at a machine shop. Off course you'd need to take half as much off of the top edge of the transfer ports to keep from delaying their opening. That's what a porting shop would do. That would give you more low end power but its robbing top end power. Also you should switch to low tension reeds and you could experiment with advancing the ignition a bit.

Top Bottom