D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
ChrisKring said:
Thanks D.Leathers

Ward just called me too and alerted me to the http://www.ama-d14harescrambles.org website.

So will there be more people in the Z class or the C class? Any input on what class I should race? I am on a 250F and race C class for MX. 2 or 3 hours doesn't matter. 34 years old.
CHRIS, THE X & Z CLASSES ARE USUALLY THE TWO LARGEST IN H/S. IF YOU NOTICED IN THE CLASSES THEY ARE SET-UP BY DISPLACEMENT, UNLIKE MX WHERE THE 250F GOES WITH THE 125s. YOU HAVE 3 OTHER CHOICES BESIDES THE Z CLASS. THE B CLASS, THE VET CLASS, AND THE F CLASS. I THINK I WOULD CHOOSE BETWEEN THE VET OR FOUR STROKE CLASS, AND LEAN TOWARD THE F CLASS. IT PROBABLY IS A ROLL OF THE DICE FOR THE ALL THREE, BUT IN THE PAST THE F CLASS IS HAS BEEN THE LEAST CROWDED IF THAT'S WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. :nod:
IF YOU LOOK IN THE RULES UNDER SECTION A THERE IS A NEW RULE FOR 2007 THAT IS DIRECTED AT OUR TRACK. READ RULE #5. WE HAVE A VERY SHORT TRACK SO YOU WILL PROBABLY ONLY END UP RIDING FOR 15 LAPS, INSTEAD OF 3 HRS. OUR LAP TIMES ARE USUALLY 10 TO 12 MIN. LONG. :bang: SET YOUR BIKE UP FOR SAND, OUR TRACK IS ABOUT 85%. HOPES THIS HELPS. DAVE L. :)

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Hope the races went well. I was way whipped after 32 miles of maintainance at Caberfee. I could hardly keep my bike in a straight line. Front and rear tires were all over the place.I stayed the night and drove home this morning.Hope to make the next one.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
The track was awesome you couldnt ask for better weather. Me and my brother took 1st light team. The double d's took 5th. scotty b took 5th heavey team. Trashrider was riding awesome though i dont know where he finished. the track held up really good too.

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
Shaggy,
It was epic fun chasing you around the track. You are going to have a great season. If you can make that 125 roost through that knee-deep sand you will fly on the KX 250!

Mark

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
I had a good time today in my first hare scramble. I finished 17th out of 43 in Z class.

The course was really good. Being a MX'er, I would have liked to have all of the doubles in play. However, I understand why they were out. With most people rolling the jumps and some people jumping them it would be an accident waiting to happen.

The woods section was fun. Good thing it didn't rain or I would have been on the ground. The farm field was the biggest challenge for me. It took concentration to stay clean and not get cross rutted. Unfortunatly, I went down twice in low speed tip overs and stalled another 4-5 times.

Overall, good race.

Richter415

Jun 23, 2006
Did anyone see by chance how I did in the Z class? I had to leave before the results were posted.
BTW my name is Mitch Richter and I was riding a YZ 125

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
I Would Like To Thank Everyone On Drn Who Showed Up To Race At Ptr M/c H/s. Our Club Works Very Hard To Put On A Great Event, And Your Support Makes It All Worth It. By All Of Your Comments It Looks Like Everyone Enjoyed Our Track, And I'm Sure The Weather Helped A Bunch Too!! Our Parking Lot Was Full, As Was The Starting Line, And It Was Great To See Everyone. I Love This Sport!!! Thanks Again Guys!!!!

Dave Leathers.

Jun 23, 2006
Richter415 said:
The results weren't up there when I posted that. Thanks guys.

Hey boomer you missed a "C" in my name

Don't know what you're talking about.

You should tell the boss you're not working Sunday and come bang some trees at Roselawn.

:nod: :nod:

:ride:

dbkidcraig

Nov 6, 2006
Ha Ha... I think pigs will fly before we are graced with the presence little ol' Meyotch at an enduro... I'll be surpised if he even makes it to Rites of Spring. Work permitting yea right... :nener:

YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
Always like going to PTR, this year was no exception. I help score the quads....too many wheels on them things! I too braved the "Z" class, nothing like lining up with all them bikes. Started near the back.....too many bikes going into that first turn for my likes! I wish the woods would of held up longer, but they did an great job keeping the track in shape. Dave, I hope you get to use the farm field again, I thought it was a blast (as long as you kept your momentum up). Horsepower hill was my biggest problem, for some reason I can't turn right very well. All in all wasn't a bad day for my first ride of the year.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
YAMAHUNT said:
Always like going to PTR, this year was no exception. I help score the quads....too many wheels on them things! I too braved the "Z" class, nothing like lining up with all them bikes. Started near the back.....too many bikes going into that first turn for my likes! I wish the woods would of held up longer, but they did an great job keeping the track in shape. Dave, I hope you get to use the farm field again, I thought it was a blast (as long as you kept your momentum up). Horsepower hill was my biggest problem, for some reason I can't turn right very well. All in all wasn't a bad day for my first ride of the year.[/QUOTE
AARON,
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!! I WATCHED ALL THE CLASSES TAKE OFF AND THE Z CLASS WAS BY FAR THE LARGEST, IT STRECHED FROM END TO END IT WAS AWESOME TO SEE ALL THOSE BIKES TO TAKE OFF AT ONCE. :yikes: ANYTIME YOU WANT TO COME OUT AND PRACTICE LET ME KNOW. I STILL HAVE A HARD TIME WITH HORSEPOWER HILL, IT IS NEVER THE SAME. :coocoo: IF THE CROPS ARE OUT FOR THE LAST RACE I'M SURE WE WILL USE THE NORTH 50 ACRES AGAIN (WE OWN IT :) THANKS AGAIN AARON, SEE YA SOON!!!!

DAVE.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom