Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Ok our school(grade 11's, and 12's) went to a career thing yesterday. and everywhere we looked people were wearing shift, fox, and thor. No biggy right um maybe. but anyways to the point we were hangin out with some girls we just met and we were talking then these 2 guys walk by wearing fox hats,t-shirts, and the one was even wearing shift FMX pants. well the one bumped into this one girl and she fliped out and said that all those "dirt bike racers are the same" She said that they were being rude and slapping there butts early that day, anyway the one girl was upset and I went and brought those guys back to say sorry. A couple minutes later they said that they don't even ride or have even sat on a bike they said they wear hit cause its the cool thing. I don't know about you guys but when someone wears gear ment for racing and is making a bad rep for the people that do ride that makes me sick.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I know EXACTLY what you mean, kids at my school are always wearing fox. It annoys me to see kids who dont even ride mountain bikes or dirtbikes wearing, like you said, race gear. Dont get me wrong, fox is a awesome company and they make great gear but I think it should stay off the backs of posers.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Oh ya, I remember there was a thread on this exact same topic a while back and some tempers started to flare so we'll see how this one goes :cool:

Last edited:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I know what you guys mean. I hate seeing people who don't ride dirtbikes or mountain bikes wearing Fox, thor, shift gear. It gets really annoying.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Who honestly cares?? Not like you'd ever see a FOX logo on me, my bike or anything else I own :)

Its the cool thing to have, and there's no stopping it..

bud

Jun 29, 1999
The only reason to care imo is if they are giving us a bad name.

It would be good if people would realise that anyone who wears mx gear and doesn't have a bike in the immediate vicinity most likely has nothing to do with the sport, and if they do, they don't represent the sport, or anything else besides vanity. Slim chance of that though :(.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
What percentage of the general population even associates FOX or Sinisalo or whatever with dirtbiking? Even if they do, what kind of a moron will think that all dirtbikers are assholes when somebody wearing riding gear acts like a dork when there are no bikes involved?

BTW, I have zero intention of ever wearing anything motocross related when I'm not riding, so I guess that balances it out a bit.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You youngins need to start worrying about the bad name that non-helmet wearing guad riders are giving dirt bikers, and give it up on all this silly stuff.
Besides who's the worse pouser....a kid who wears Fox stuff or the kid who has all the gear including a bike but can't ride a lick?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
pssst... it spelled poseur :silly:

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
You know, I was just thinking the other day--- "it's been a while since anyone has started one of those good old I hate posers threads" . I was walking down the street just last week and saw a kid wearing a fox jersy and there is no way that this kid rode. I mean his hair wasn't bleached white, no tatoos, no bones thru his nose, safty pins in his cheeks, nothing!
Hell, his pants even fit!

I thought to myself, now this kid is giving us a bad name!:p :)

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
I few weeks back my girlfriend and I were walking through the mall and we both noticed a few guys wearing racing apparel. They were not only wearing jerseies, but pants too. After we walked past them, I said to my girlfriend " I'll
bet that they don't even ride". The bottom line is that they looked like dorks walking through the mall. :p

00' KDX 200
Procircuit pipe & silencer
95' XR 250R (first bike)
AMA
GNCC

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Why is it that we are subjected to this same stupid crybaby flame every few weeks? . Young motocross riders tend to be lemmings and tend to wear the same stuff in an effort to be fashionable and accepted , so why does it surprise you that other people do the same thing?. GET OVER IT you whiners and go train. If you are fast enough you can ride in a sweatshirt like Steve McQueen and still be cool.
Besides what the hell do you care what other people wear or think? If you are secure with yourself you won't feel the need to spend so much cosmic energy bitching about the fashion habits of the great unwashed.

GEEEZZ, what a WASTE of ASCII :mad:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
But Rich, I want to wear flannel, black monkey pants, and a pair of White's boots so I can look like a lumberjack, but I don't want to be called a poser! :ugg:

Or poseur, monsieur :confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I wish that all I had to worry about was what mx gear to wear to school that day!! I'm lucky if I remember my underwear. There will always be trends and this is one of them, it's what sells! You can say the same about the stickers on trucks and cars. Fox stickers are the thing, mainly with non-riders. Just look for the wheel marks in the back of the truck, that'll tell all, heck with the stickers.
That just means that they look up to us, I hope. We just don't need any bad press. I'm waiting for a pursuit to be aired on the news and the truck has a bike in the back and a Fox sticker in the window! That would be grounds for legal intervention!!
Elk

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I have fun making fools of these posers (poseurs) by asking them what they ride, where they ride and how often do they ride. It never fails to make my laugh my @$$ off. After all how often do you meet someone rides a KR5000F with twin turbos and can beat Ricky McGrath?

Lee W.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I hear ya' man, all the people that wear stuff and don't have anything to do with the sport bring us all down.
Example:
-The people that wear basketball shoes that don't PLAY basketball, come on who are they trying to fool?

-Baseball caps, please:silly: like they even know what a pop fly is!

-Oh and the "Property of ..." football jersey on the chess dork?

-What about soccer shorts?

-The guy with the shirt that has the little polo pony? Like he even knows which end of a horse to feed.

Why can't everybody just wear a white T-shirt, jeans, and saddle shoes if they don't have anything to do with the sport?

Oh and the one that just kills me? The shirt with the little alligator! I am sooooo sure that that person wrestles gators!!! What a crock.

:p

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Patman
Oh and the one that just kills me? The shirt with the little alligator! I am sooooo sure that that person wrestles gators!!! What a crock.
You're telling me I'm wearing the wrong gator wrestling gear?!?!:scream:

I'm mortified!

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Now if you REALLY want to be cool wear a DRN shirt to school.

Ain't nobody gonna call you a poser (or poseur) with that bad boy on!

And rumor has it, you can even get DRN stickers for your car/truck/locker:) :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Patman

At least this explains the little embroidered Ivan on Gomer's shirt:eek:

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
speaking of posuers...
the guy next to me at the bar the other night supposedly has a ducati 996 and said he goes 220 mph on it all the time. when i asked if it had a traditional swingarm or a one-sided swingarm he told me that he would have to go home and check because he couldn't remember!
i suggested that his bike isn't capable of going that fast, but he assured me that it was.

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
Oh so it's okay that I wear my boots to class because I ride right? I wouldn't want to wear tennis shoes, I don't even know how to play tennis. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom