Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Yeah, but do you really play putt putt?

The people who are wearing the gear, but have no clue as to what they are wearing, have always been there in one fashion or the other. They will soon tire of this style and will move on to something completely different. As soon as I started seeing the motocross gear in music videos, I startes seeing it on the street. It's all about being cool. Who knows? Next month it could be cheerleader clothing. If it's in the videos, it will be on the street. And you can bet your butt, I'll be the first to adopt the new style. That's right, I'm cool too. I'm going to get some new Moose duds soon. I just hope the style lasts a few more months. :cool:

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
Im in 10th grade and thats how everybody is they wear fox and all that good stuff and they dont even have or no how to ride a dirtbike at all. They are usally the dirty kids cause they think it makes them cool. I mostly wear fox and alpinestars then people look at me like im a dirty kid but the thing is i can take any of them posers any day or any time at the track.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What is a dirt kid? Is it like the easy / loose girls? Kids that don't get to bathe on a regular basis? Are you not a dirty kid if you also wear the gear? I would think you are for sure a dirty kid after riding. :think:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Patman said:
What is a dirt kid? Is it like the easy / loose girls? Kids that don't get to bathe on a regular basis? Are you not a dirty kid if you also wear the gear? I would think you are for sure a dirty kid after riding. :think:

It's just another way for one group to make a disparaging judgment about another group.

The reasons cliques exist is because most people who complain about people being in a clique are too insecure or scared to go up and talk to the supposed "poser" or "preppy" or "jock" or whatever you want to name it.

Ivan

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I buy jerseys that I like just to wear them around. These are never worn when riding. I ride, but I'm not great. Am I a poseur? Should I care if somebody thinks that I am? I guess that I was never real good at conforming to the standards of others.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If nobody cared what other people thought, Harley Davidson would fold in a week. And a guy would not be caught in public with his britches down around his knees. Vintage Bob

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Thanks for reminding me to check. My belly likes to push my pants down and people start to think that I am a plumber. I sure am glad that it's fashion now, it used to be much more embarrassing.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You had to go and throw in the plumbers Fru. I have never busted crack in anyones' house, unintentionally. But I knew a plumber once, and I believe he was trolling, if you get my meaning. Yesterday at Redbud I was amazed at the "beer" guts, hanging out for all the world to see, in its glory? And there better be no women chuckling, I have figured out how to post a link, to a link of the krispy kremes donut calendar, swim suit edition. In conclusion, I am real surprised MXA is not a fortune 500 company, and America needs to quit eating for a while, and may come in an odd way? You need money to buy high calorie diets and sustain them, and over priced rag mags. Vintage Bob

FatBiker

Apr 3, 2010
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
If nobody cared what other people thought, Harley Davidson would fold in a week. And a guy would not be caught in public with his britches down around his knees. Vintage Bob

No kidding! I bought my Sportster (chick bike) about a week after my buddy did. I accidentally rode his. Anyway, you should see all the Harley crap he has. You name it, he has it. Boots, jackets, hats, gloves, stickers (on everything he owns) etc.. Makes me sick! The ONLY thing I own that says "Harley" on it is my bike. Does that mean I'm not cool? And BTW my '07 Sportster has over 22,000 mi. on it. Most of the dudes I know with "grown-up" Harleys have had them 10+ years and have like 10K on them. I'm so un-cool!??!! :(

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Sorry Fox, didn't realize that we had any fluid transport technicians among us. Twas directed more toward today's youth, and the tendency to reveal their boxers to everybody.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
A statement I heard, perhaps it's true, at the very least it's something to think about...

"You know where the sagging pants thing started?"... in prison, it indicates "I'm ready for a quickie." :whoa:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
A statement I heard, perhaps it's true, at the very least it's something to think about...

"You know where the sagging pants thing started?"... in prison, it indicates "I'm ready for a quickie." :whoa:
There you go! I am not for sure about the prison verification, but yes, WAY THAT WAY!

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Matt_H said:
Ok our school(grade 11's, and 12's) went to a career thing yesterday. and everywhere we looked people were wearing shift, fox, and thor. No biggy right um maybe. but anyways to the point we were hangin out with some girls we just met and we were talking then these 2 guys walk by wearing fox hats,t-shirts, and the one was even wearing shift FMX pants. well the one bumped into this one girl and she fliped out and said that all those "dirt bike racers are the same" She said that they were being rude and slapping there butts early that day, anyway the one girl was upset and I went and brought those guys back to say sorry. A couple minutes later they said that they don't even ride or have even sat on a bike they said they wear hit cause its the cool thing. I don't know about you guys but when someone wears gear ment for racing and is making a bad rep for the people that do ride that makes me sick.

Those "Posers" drive the income that keeps those motocross companies alive and developing new products. If it weren't for the additional income brought in by those non-riding, style challenged kids, you wouldn't see even 1/3rd of the product out on the market.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
wake_rider said:
you wouldn't see even 1/3rd of the product out on the market.
at least for me, that was a good thing.
good old days when you could ride a bike without a graphic kit without being called caveman!!! this applies as well to white equipment and helmet and maybe a 4 stroke :)

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
stormer94 said:
So if I ride in a checkered flannel shirt and don't own a chainsaw, are lumberjacks gonna call me a poser? GAD!!!:debil:

I think i'll just start eatin flap-jacks and flannel shirts & overalls, afterall, its the cool thing to do

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So many posers... fart can exhaust? "R" type? Giant mudder tires? Any crotch rocket? Military style anything from pants & boots on up? Anybody that drives a Jeep? Anybody that drives a Corvette? the list is long and everybody falls in it at some place / level.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Kx85Krazy said:
I think i'll just start eatin flap-jacks and flannel shirts & overalls, afterall, its the cool thing to do

That's funny (to me anyhoo). When I was in HS (70's) I dated a girl from Boston and her friends thought I was a lumberjack because I wore flannels shirts with red/black squares, and I was living in Maine. They must of thought I was eating moose on a daily basis.

I think posers is a very loose term. AnyONE that does something less than expert could fit in that category. Who gives a rats azz who wears what. Do what you want to do - wear what you want to wear. Life's short people. I wish my grandpa was still here to show me some more fabrication secrets. Posers, no one really cares - do they?

Top Bottom