LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave and I scoped out this place last weekend: :cool:

http://www.majestictrails.com//default.asp

It is in PA, just south of Olean, NY. Right about 2 hour drive for us. All the trails right now are ATV wide. Two marked loops, Orange for beginners and Yellow for advanced. There is also a very fun (and safe) MX track. Dave and I both took a few laps around the track and had a blast-- and we're not usually into MX tracks.
The trails are pretty fast, but lots of curves and elevation changes. Plus they have a ton of drainage bumps along them, which make for fun little trail jumps.
Everything is well marked and well maintained. There is (free!)primitive camping on-site. I have been in contact with the owners, and they are open to suggestion for putting in some single-track for the bikes. Hopefully Dave and I will be able to get back there and help them out with that.

$15 a day per person. 10 or more people is $13, and if we can get 20 people together it's only $10 each.

Not nearly as big as Paragon, but no Jeeps & 4X4 vehicles and all the trail is passable by dirt bikes.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Cool. Looks real nice Lori. When do we go?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
since there doesn't seem to be too much interest in an August Paragon, how about around then?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I don't know that Paragon is the problem for the August ride-- probably just too many date conflicts with other races.

But August 7/8 is still a good weekend for us. I'm open to suggestion, however. :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
How did I miss this thread?? :think:

Sounds cool. Olean is about 3-4 hours for me, closer to 4. Too far for a one day ride for me and I already promised the wifey that I wouldn't do any 2 day rides this year (don't tell Woods :ohmy: )

I'm still game for a Paragon ride in August. Even if it's 2 or 3 of us.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Cool, missed this one thread too Dave. :(

Nice thing about this place is its only a 1.5 hours from me. Not that Paragon is that far either. I could probably make it for the August 7/8th or any weekend with enough notice since its not far. The paragon date just conflicts with a local poker run here. I have to run the old quad once in awhile. Plus the families making me go on the 31st.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I'd be interested in that new location. Be fun with one of my vintage rides (KTM or Husky)

You more advanced local guys might want to spend an afternoon here. We have turned this place upside down to where its 1/3 technical deep woods single track (all added since the last DRN'er were here), 1/3 scrub feilds & hedgerow(most new), 1/3 open woods & feilds to transition(the best of the old tracks). Good for tune up. Some single track too technical to be fun for the average trail rider now.

I'd head west to Olean any weekend in August...I'll past on Paragon.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Walt! He lives! :)

Dave was just asking about you the other day. Maybe we'll have to have a DYDR event at your house. You're closer to us than Olean is, anyway. ;)

weimedog said:
I Some single track too technical to be fun for the average trail rider now.

Dave will be ALL over that with his trials bike. :p

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
You know you two are always welcome.(RM-Dave too..he just needs bark busters&more flywheel now.) ;)

Funny thing is we have a few trials sections layed out. A fellow named Ron Bohrs comes over from time to time. Last fall he inspired&layed out a few trials sections to build course designed to be do-able with the 70-80's era trials bikes. Couple of folks who visit have them for kicks. :ride:

All the kids are out west for a few weeks (except Kyle) so things are pretty quiet around here... :ugg:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Walt, I'd love to make it back up your way for a ride. It was always a good time. I have only been on the bike 3 times this year and want to get out more but other things seem to get in the way.

What weekend is good for you?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
How about August 7th or 8th, the date of the original Paragon ride?

Sounds like poor Walt could use some company. ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I might be able to make that but like I posted in the Paragon thread, I'm out of town that week and may not be available.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Any dry one. Or any one after a dry week!

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Actually any week evening after 4 and any weekend is usually "OK". I rode around las night and the top half was fine and some of the bottom was nice to ride as well. The usual wet spots were..wet. Before last week the entire place was dry.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've been complaining about the rain but the ground had been so dry that it has been soaking up fairly well. The next several weeks are messy for me but I'll try to squeeze some time out to ride. Not sure when though.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I'm usually here doing something every weekend. Norm usually rides every Monday. Looks like this Friday-Sat-Sunday are going to be nice. I'll either be riding, Cutting firewood, doing Barn renovation related things, or maintaing trails...just like every weekend...and every weeknite. So as I said your always welcome to drop in. Informal is usually better than formal. Doesn't let Murphy's law attack the schedule.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Well, we have a trials event we're attending on Saturday, but maybe we'll be able to "drop in" on Sunday. ;)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I will be here. Bring both your trials and trail bikes if you can. If you can's fit all four...KTM's would be best. (What ever happended to the KDX?)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Sold the KDX last year to a guy that Dave works with. This past April, I sold the 200EXC to a guy in our club (for his son). I like the 250 better, anyway.

What I don't understand is... how come when I sell MY bike, does DAVE end up getting a new bike??!! :think:

We can bring all 4 bikes if we bring the trailer. Have to see how ambitious we feel Sunday morning. ;)

Top Bottom