Possible New MX track in Columbia SC!!

Code-Red

Oct 7, 2004
This email came to me today. I would love to see this happen!!!

OK Guys and Gals, For those of you longing for a place to race and practice MotoCross in central South Carolina it’s time to step up and do something about it. The former New Columbia Speedway owner and promoter Carol McCombs is considering turning her facility into a motocross track. The track used to be a 3/8 mile dirt oval that catered for years to the stock car crowd and in my opinion would make an excellent off-road motorcycle and ATV park. The track is located about 6-7 miles from I-26, right outside Columbia towards Gaston (hwy 321). Easy to find and centrally located from Augusta, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, you get the idea. The facility has a great grandstand section (approx 1000 seats) built on the side of a hill and used to run under the lights.

What needs to happen now is a show of support to get this project started. Carol has been a promoter for many years and I see that she is excited about the possibilities. As a member of the motorcycle community please take a minute to let Carol know that we need a race track near Columbia. Tell your friends to tell their friends. Go to your local shop and have them contact Carol. Now is our chance to have a place to ride. Make sure that we just don’t talk about, it’s time to do something about it.

If you would like to contact her to express your enthusiam, please contact me and I can give you her contact info.Carol is one of the easiest people you will ever meet to talk to.

Thanks,
Code-Red

goc305

Nov 2, 2002
there are tracks near(TNT, I-20 moto, Dogwood hollow, etc.) but none are that close. I think it would be awesome to have a track in columbia.

Top Bottom