Possibly Moving. How's riding in Houston Tx.?

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Hello Folks,

There is a possibility I could be transferring to Houston. So I am wondering how the riding is in that area? I currently live in Illinois (not the greatest place for riding). Any input is appreciated.

regards,
WoodChuck

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
By your name I suppose you are a woods rider. If so there is a National Forest about a hour north of Houston with 3 trailheads. Right now there is probaply 75-85 miles of permantly marked trails. but there is many ways to loop it and make different rides.
Also look up www.trh-cycle.org That is the major riding group in so. Tx. Have a very informative Web site.
Also if into M/X there is several tracks.
Also 2-3 membership riding areas within reasonable drive.
Outlaw Trax[close to Huntsville]Cycleland Park[Nacogdoches]Skull Creek[thru TRH]
Hope this helps.

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Thanks for the info. I am a woodsrider and would plan on living on the north side of Houston. I have relatives on Lake Conroe and the office is in Greenspoint. It sounds like other than the heat, I should be able to do plenty of riding in the area. :)

thanks again,
WoodChuck

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Chuck - I lived in Houston for 7 years before moving to Illinois. The others have provided a lot of info on riding. As for the weather, you'll have riding season, sweating season and winter (usually just one day). Get a home with a pool. I'd also rethink the Conroe to Gunspoint... er... Greenspoint commute. The Woodlands is closer and less traffic hassles if you know the back roads. Stay in touch, my in-laws live in Spring and we go there at least once a year. You do have two bikes, right?

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Hello Woodsrider,

thanks for the advice, I ve got two bikes, so yer always welcome to one of them. If I make the move I'd certainly welcome a visit. Hope the eastern riding is treating you well. I've been riding Buffalo Range nearly every weekend. I can relocate now (next 2-4 months) with a carrot or later potentially with no carrot. I've got to way it all out. Is the riding down there anywhere as ggod as at Buffalo Range? I like challanging technical stuff.
regards,
WoodChuck

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
I concur with Bob. Besides. who is going to lead us into all the mud holes at Buffalo Range? Or take me up hills I can't make? Don't go Don!!

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Bob and Anne,

I sincerely apreciate the encouragement to stay, as well as, I apreciate your friendship!!! Any decision to go will not be made easily.

regards,
Don

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom