GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'm Depressed!!!!! :(

Now that DW'03 is over, I'm sad and out of sorts and I can't even get anything done at work or at home.  I have not unpacked, I am sandbagging at work, and I spend too much time thinking about how much fun DW was and how much I miss everyone.  I was looking at the red dirt on my shoes and it made me melancholy.....

:whiner:

I would like to roll out of bed tomorrow morning and open my front door and have 300 of my best dirt buds revving their motors, pulling on gear, cooking up Boo-Dan, laughing hysterically, discussing the previous evening's campfire antics, and talking about Sarge's attire......

So what time can you all be here?????  :yeehaw:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I haven't even unloaded my borrowed trailer yet.

I took Monday off to stay home and unpack. All I did was watch TV.

And to make matters worse, we got almost an inch of rain yesterday. :think:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Nat, I will be on a plane tomorrow to Cali.

Can I jump on your trampoline???

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
i've thought a lot about all of the fun we had, but for some reason I haven't felt like discussing it much with any "outsiders".  Most people don't understand, or just confuse it with Sturgis anyway.  Some guys at work wanted to know if there were women at Dirtweek, when I said "yes" then they assumed that contant lifting of shirts and showing of stuff was involved. :yeehaw:

I've given up on trying to get more of the locals here interested in going next year.  Most of them would never post on here anyway (for various reasons), and for me the fun of it is getting together with all of my friends from here, there and yonder, folks i've communicated with on DRN all year long!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Natalie - If it's any consulation, I'm guessing it's way worse sitting here reading about the fun that you guys had and being reminded about what we missed. ;)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Originally posted by Milton
You are depressed, what about me?

Milton.... all the girls were in mourning day and night! some of the guys also...

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
Natalie - If it's any consulation, I'm guessing it's way worse sitting here reading about the fun that you guys had and being reminded about what we missed. ;)

Rich..... if TimR has his way, you will be able to watch the whole week on a DVD... in the privacy of your home. He is collecting all the footage, combining it and editing it to make it into 'highlights' version... I don't know about a sound track, but he has all the software to accomplish the task (I did download my own 2.5 hours of video before mailing my originals to him...)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
COOL :yeehaw: Way to go Tim :yeehaw:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
what the...ya need a reason for depression, my bike is still loaded in the drive way, i just threw all my stuuf in the garage and get yelled at now for drinking beer. i'm crap at school now, pre dw i merely sucked. my only release now is going to the gym and working myself into endorphine high. i miss every one, more than last year. all the people i P'Od over the past year were exremely friendly to me, except milk. Damn, it's time for another pitty party :thumb:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I hear ya Nat...I tried explaining to my bf and he just doesn't understand. The food, the people, the fun, I didn't want to leave Cooperland. All I could do on the plane home was sleep so I wouldn't think about it. Now I'm at work and can't keep myself away from the internet long enough to get anything done because I don't want to lose communication with all the peeps I made friends with over the week. Only 51 more weeks until DW 04! :(

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm still amped up from the experience. I'm sure my little woman is tired of hearing about everyone's antics (she was pretty amazed at the five gallons of Capt. Morgan), but she puts on a brave face and lets me keep on jabbering.

no depression setting in here, just happy thoughts about all the new old friends I made (and some new new ones) :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by XRpredator
I'm sure my little woman is tired of hearing about everyone's antics (she was pretty amazed at the five gallons of Capt. Morgan), but she puts on a brave face and lets me keep on jabbering.
Maybe you can talk her into sponsoring us in next years festivites. You know, her owning a liquor store and all.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Sounds silly, but this is the first ive been able to check in here, Im in a mental frenzy at this point. Post DW depresion, should I ride before winter? It doesnt seem to compare riding here verses riding with so many buds from so many places, in such a cool place too. The trailer took 3 days to unpack and clean up. Now Ive got to plan a trip south in a month or so, so I can paste that smile back on my face.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
.......................... Only 51 more weeks until DW 04! :(

now that's thinking positively .... ahead!

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
I'm with ya there. I'd give anything to be able to spin the clock backwards a week. Nat it was great to see ya, as well as everyone else, I just wish we had more time to hang out and put a face to everyone, even when I met FJ, JP and Pants I still introduced myself twice, I'm bad with names. I miss you guys and look forward to next year, yes even Mary Ann & Aryn are looking forward to trying it again. Friday night at the hospital she was so upset that we had missed the chili cook off. 49 weeks until we start packing up gear!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Whyzee, I was just getting back to the track from our hospital run when I saw the ambo there for your family. Man I was scared when I heard what happened and what a relief when the better news arrived. I hope they are both healing up and keep the desire to return next year. Hope to see you guys there next year and get a better chance to talk.
I did talk quite a bit with Gary and he was really upset and even the last I saw him Sat night he was still shaken by the whole incident. We tried to reinforce there was really nothing he could have done to prevent the accident but being the decent guy he is he still felt terrible.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by GETMETOCA

It eases the depression a bit to begin planning for DW '04. It will be here before you know it ...

Top Bottom