mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
OK. First I'll say I understand proper jetting technique, and that I'm not looking for any specific sizes here. I just need a ball park reference.

Anyone who has had a well jetted new 200, the installed a FMF woods pipe and silencer.......... How many jet sizes did you end up moving up or down? Clip position?

Also, will the pipe make the bike any harder to ride? IE... I would love the added power down a strech or out of a turn, but occasionally find my self in some nasty position where it's handy not to have extra power. Does the pipe roll on smooth?

I guess I just love to modify stuff, and I can't stop myself any longer. Thanks.

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Hard to say without knowing more. I'm running a PC pipe and silencer, with Boyesen reeds and airbox top removed on a 1990 KDX200. Riding temp. between 75 and 85 degrees at sea level with high humidity. 38 pilot-------------152 main------cel needle 2nd clip from top(thinking about moving to the middle)----stock slide on 35mm Keihin. FWIW.

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
JasonWho, Didn't think they were the same, just felt like saying something--I guess. Did you race the Apalachicola enduro a couple of weeks ago? Question. How can you get approved to personally email someone on the list?? Thanks for the help.
Jay

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
Thanks, but what I'm looking for is "I richened the main 2 sizes" or leaned the pilot a size". This is of course after the pipe instal on a bike that has been jetted properly prior to a pipe, not stock jetting. I want no jet #'s. I'm just trying to gauge a starting point to test after the pipe instal. Thanks.

Top Bottom