Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
Ok, my friend is pretty interested in getting a bike with me. It will be his first. His dad said that he wants him to get something smaller to start with.. so Here we go.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'10" / 110lbs.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Very active and not very aggressive

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Mostly Track

4) Do you have any riding experience?
No Experience

5) Do you think you will race ?
He will only be racing me.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
I will be helping him with his bike in my shop

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
He is really interested in Honda, Suzuki being his second choice. Two or Four stroke doesn't really matter. I'll be riding a 125 2T so I would kinda like him to have a 2T also but its up to him, and I don't think he cares.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
All kinds of dealers

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
2000-2500 max

10) Do you live in California?
No, Texas

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

I was thinking about either a CR85R Expert or a CRF150R Expert or an RM 100 for him. What do you guys think? Do you think the 85r would bore him after a while?

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
His height should be fine for a 125, but I'm not sure he could overpower the weight at 110 lbs. If he could score a cheap older 80/85 to learn on, then step up he would probly be better off. If you guys will be riding together, switch it up every once in a while and he'll know when he's ready to step up.

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
Yea, I was thinking he might be able to handle a 125, because he's a pretty lean kid. Does Martial Arts and that sort of thing. But, his dad wants him to start with an 85 or so, or he won't help him pay for it.

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
Adrenaline Addict said:
Go with a 125, an 80 is way to small. My friend was about the same size as him and had an 80, and he was waaay to big for it.

Well, that's MY opinion also. But, right now he just wants to ride something and his dad won't help him pay for anything bigger than a 100 2 stroke or 150 4 stroke. (Especially not considering his mom works in the E.R. at Texas Children's Hospital and sees kids with broken collar bones all the time :nener: ) But, what do you think about a KX100 or a CRF150 Expert?

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
Thanks for the replies, guys. (I'm a poet :D)

He got to ride a friends RM100 today and decided he loved it. Time to look for an RM100 in the area. :cool:

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
RM 100s were made by Kawasaki. Only made for about 3 years. The same bike as the KX100, with yellow plastic. Looking for a KX might be easier as its been made for many more years.

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
Thanks for the info zoommx. When I looked it up on Cycletrader there were no RM 100s in the area and about 2 KX 100s. He says he doesn't like Green :whoa: I guess he'll learn to love it. :laugh:

Top Bottom