Pouring Race gas from 5 gal cans?

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
So what's the secret to not spilling that expensive C-12 all over the place? I bought two 5 gal cans and I ended up spilling a bunch of it trying to pour it from the can to my premix container. Is there a screw on nozzle for these cans?

Brian

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A wide funnel seems to do the trick for me.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I've got a wide funnel but the darn can glug, glugs when it's full (no vent) and it's really stinkin' hard not dribble gas down the side of the can. I know - be more careful.....

Somebody out there has to have come up with a better way.....

Brian

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Brian are you pouring it with the spout at the bottom or the top? If you keep the spout at top it can back vent through the spout.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
How about kerosene heater siphon pump?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
70marlin....that is what I use and it's the berries! No spillage and easy to use. I often use two fuel cans and set the full one on top of an empty to get the fuel up to tank level.
My sqeeze bulb pump cost me 4 bucks at wally world.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich
Brian are you pouring it with the spout at the bottom or the top? If you keep the spout at top it can back vent through the spout.

At the bottom. I should know better...... I think I'll spend the $4 and buy the pump at WW.

Brian

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…